• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Your best 2011 SS

85 posts in this topic

Signed by Richard Evans and Eric Powell

th_godzilla.jpg

Signed and sketch by Charles Wilson. Thank you GACollectibles

th_cwelectro.jpg

Signed and sketch by Matthew Kirscht. Thank you worldsbestcomics

th_mkgreengoblin.jpg

One of my favorites signed and sketch by Robert A. Kraus

th_brotherhoodofevilrak.jpg

Hard to say I got quite a few done! I am going to go with the locke & key I got personalized to me or perhaps the stanlee books I got that came back 9.8 or my nyx #3 ... I have another one but it won't be done till next year so I don't think it can count

My best are likely ones that don't register with most people here in the SS room, but I'll post them anyway. I personally separate my collection into 3 sections: TMNT, Green Goblin sketches, and other. I'll post my best of each from this year.

TMNT #3 NYCC Variant edition...rarest of all Mirage TMNT books from the original volume. This is the first and only 9.8 on the census and very difficult to get in high grade due to scarcity and large size. Thanks to Rich Henn for handling this with kid gloves at SDCC. (worship)

TeenageMutantNinjaTurtles03-1stPrintNYCVariantSS.jpg

Green Goblin sketch by John Cassaday...I was starting to think this would never happen. Cassaday's work on Astonishing X-men helped draw me back into comics and he was a great guy to chat with at my first con ever. Since then, he hasn't made a public appearance and it wasn't until Chainnball set up a sketch opportunity that I even had a shot at this. I'm biased, but I think this was one of the best from the opp. Thanks, Brian! (worship)

DarkAvengers1-CassadayGreenGoblin.jpg

Finally, Miyamoto Usagi by Stan Sakai...I've been wanting this for years but in the past, Sakai has been reluctant to work on sketch covers. He changed his mind at a show earlier this year and Billy the Kidd was nice enough to not only get this done, but he just gave it to me as a gift. Thanks buddy! WAY more detailed than I expected. Definitely a keeper! (worship)

Avengers1-SakaiUsagiYojimbo.jpg

This is a tough call but, I'd have to go with my Countdown #47:

Being that Benes lives in Brazil, it's not easy to get his sig.

Badass cover, first Black Mary Marvel, Benes sig........Love it. :headbang:

SAM_4007.jpg

I picked up a Benes SS Justice League on here cheap from a boardie and I think like you. With him in Brazil how often does his sig come available? Love that cover.