• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Beachbum Comics First Ever... 2012 Mega Sales Thread!!!

448 posts in this topic

"In the anals of history people are going to be talking about three things: the discovery of fire, invention of the submarine, and the Flint, Michigan Mega Bowl Beachbum Comics Mega Sales Thread."

megabowl.jpg

OK so here's what's going on. First off this is not one of those "Everything must go!" sales thread. I recently had to rent a second storage locker to keep up with my growing collection (I'm probably approaching 4000 slabs) so what I've decided to do is tighten the focus of my personal collection.

Secondly, after a couple of long discussions with some important people and business associates in my life I've decided to go full steam ahead with the comic business in 2012. I'll keep my Home Theater business going but I will not be taking on any new clients for the time being. Right now keeping up with both is killing me and I haven't had time to launch my website (beachbumcomics.com). Oh, and did I mention I'm getting married in July? Busy, busy, busy.

Moving to the more business side of things at this point seems to make sense.

Starting this week I'll be going through my storage lockers and doing inventory. I will be posting books for sale here first at reasonable prices for a short period of time while I scan them, then I will move them over to my eBay store. Books that have been moved over will have their listings stricken through in this thread (ex.: uncanny x-men # blah, blah, blah) then I will list a new batch of books. This will go on for however long it takes. I want to make sure that they are available here first before moving them along to eBay.

If you purchase anything payment will be due promptly since part of my biggest problem in 2011 was tracking down payments which slowed down the shipping process for everyone. Payment will be by PayPal and please include your board member ID when making payment.

Shipping terms:

Everything ships Priority Mail with delivery confirmation.

First CGC slab $10, each additional $2 up to 4. After 4 slabs shipping will be quoted $$$ based on zip.

Raw orders will be boxed, $8 for up to two, $11 for up to 15. Orders of more than 15 books will be quoted $$$ based on zip.

Raw/slab combo orders will be quoted $$$ based on zip.

I will not be holding orders so items will ship out on a weekly basis.

My focus for my personal collection going forward will be sticking to X-Men stuff so if you want to get a head start and you know I have something you want/need feel free to PM me. You can check out my registry but just know I haven't had the time to update it since early last summer.

If you have any questions on anything that comes up feel free to PM me.

I'll start out with something nice that took me some effort.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 Detroit Fanfare Sketch Cover set CGC 9.8 sketched by Kevin Eastman (all four turtles - Donatello, Michaelangelo, Raphael, Leonardo), $800 for the set. SOLD! to Superman2006

These were done at two cons by Mr. Eastman. I spent a lot of time on line getting this set done.

scan0239.jpg

scan0238.jpg

scan0247.jpg

scan0246.jpg

Would you consider breaking up the set?

TMNT set was a ton of fun to get (as we sat in line a looooooooooooong time). I think those are going to sell fast Dre. For those of you that just attend show every so often, imagine spending an entire day in line just for 1 sketch...

TMNT set was a ton of fun to get (as we sat in line a looooooooooooong time). I think those are going to sell fast Dre. For those of you that just attend show every so often, imagine spending an entire day in line just for 1 sketch...
That's were Angry Birds comes in ;)

I'll start out with something nice that took me some effort.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 Detroit Fanfare Sketch Cover set CGC 9.8 sketched by Kevin Eastman (all four turtles - Donatello, Michaelangelo, Raphael, Leonardo), $800 for the set.

These were done at two cons by Mr. Eastman. I spent a lot of time on line getting this set done.

scan0239.jpg

scan0238.jpg

scan0247.jpg

scan0246.jpg

:takeit:

OK this book is probably one of the toughest X-Men books there will be. I was lucky to be able to go through an undamaged box the second morning of Wondercon. The book had a rough print run and the boxes were heavily damaged during rush shipping to Wondercon. I'm responsible for 90% of the 9.8 census on this one.

One of these sold for $290 a few months ago at auction.

Uncanny X-Men 534 Wondercon Variant CGC 9.8 $150 (2 availabe 1 LEFT! )

1 SOLD! to Daken2626

UXM534Wondercon.jpg