• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dale Roberts Comics After Christmas Sale! LAST CALL!

431 posts in this topic

well,for those who can't buy,it's not great.

[font:Comic Sans MS]It seems to me Dale is just thanking those that made his prior FS thread such a success. By making this thread viewable to even those that have to wait 24 hours instead of via PM to everyone only on the list, it gives those not on the list a heads up that a book may become available. If I made a purchase in another thread with the last of my funds only to find out something I wanted far more was in Dales thread and became available because no one bought it, I'd be upset that the thread was "by invitation only" and I wasn't aware the book may be "open to the public" soon.[/font]

Will start posting tonight about 8:30 - 9:00 CST. Lots of books tonight. Lots of good books.

here is what is still available in the thread, where to find it, and when it is available to everyone

Page 6:

X-Men #1 Good+ $1000 SOLD!

Amazing Spider-man #14 7.5 $1100 SOLD!

Adventure Comics #300 CGC 8.5 $925 9:04 PM

Page 7:

X-Men #141 NM+ $80 9:09 PM

Amazing Spider-man #99 NM $175 9:09 PM

Page 8:

Suspense Comics #12 - VG+ $375 9:10 PM

X-Men #4 VF+ great colors $875 9:15 PM

Showcase #35 CGC 9.2 $1500 9:15 PM

X-Men #135 9.6/9.8 (lean hard to 9.8) $95 9:16 PM

Page 9:

Amazing Spider-man #96 NM $275 SOLD!

Batman #181 VF+ $500 9:17 PM

X-Men #9 VF/NM $550 9:18 PM

Tales of Suspense #49 CGC 9.0 $1150 9:19 PM

Brave & Bold #59 VF $70 9:20 PM

X-Men #129 NM++ (20/25% shot at 9.8) $120 9:20 PM

Amazing Spider-man #91 NM/NM+ $185 SOLD!

Hulk Annual 3 9.2/9.4 $50 9:21 PM

Detective Comics #193 - VG/F $210 SOLD!

Page 10:

All Star Western #10 CGC 9.6 (very, very nice 9.6) $1800 9:23 PM

Amazing Spider-man #70 NM $220 SOLD!

Avengers #11 VF/NM $425 9:25 PM

X-Men # 128 NM/MT $140 9:25 PM

JLA #21 VF minus $240 9:25 PM

Dale, to confirm, will buyers from the previous thread have 1st crack at tonight's books, too?

yes, for 24 hours

Then I buy up the scraps after Rocker takes the good stuff.

FU, Rocker.

Dale, to confirm, will buyers from the previous thread have 1st crack at tonight's books, too?

yes, for 24 hours

Then I buy up the scraps after Rocker takes the good stuff.

FU, Rocker.

Have Rocker buy for you, then he can request Dale to drop ship on an apparent quick flip to a remote Canadian Outpost.

I think you're doing great, Dale. I specifically bought books in your previous thread so I could have a shot at these.

I think all the complaining is in poor taste... Especially by people who didn't buy anything earlier but want the same opportunity to not buy anything in this thank you thread.

Was crafting a similar post in between calls and whatnot this morning, but this sums it up perfectly. The responses were really grating on me...can only imagine Dale's reaction as an attempted good deed/thank you is roundly punished :doh:

For what it is worth, I am appreciative for the gesture (even if I do not grab anything in this one) and hope the holidays treated you well Dale :foryou:

I can see both sides. Not worrying about it though. It is what it is. I laid out the rules, made a promise in the last thread, and now I am following through. Sorry if it bothers some. Will try to figure out a better solution next time.

Discounts. Only post the books you don't mind discounting until the 24/48/72 hour window or whatever

hey guys, getting ready to start listing.

Going to start listing some of those pretty DCs tonight. Will do them alphabetically, and going to mix some Marvels and GA in so those guys won't get bored.

The DCs as a group are beautiful. Many, many of the books are structurally superior, but some of them have foxing stains to one extent or another. Many do not. Some very light, some heavier, it varies. But in the instances where there is something significant, I have made a back scan. Yes, I know it is weird that a seller makes a scan of most books that have back cover stains, but I want everyone to know what they are getting.

Most of these books have very nice gloss, excellent colors and are generally flat and clean.

Hope you like them as much as I do. Won't get to nearly all of them tonight, but we will go through as many as I have scanned.