• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dale Roberts Comics After Christmas Sale! LAST CALL!

431 posts in this topic

:rulez:

The After Christmas Extravaganza starts tonight!

Before we get into what is going to be in the thread, a few rules. Everyone who bought books in my previous thread is immediately eligible to purchase books in this thread. These buyers include...

Everyone listed above has exclusive bidding rights for the first 24 hours.

However, as soon as the 24 hours has expired, everyone and anyone else can purchase anything which has been listed. Please wait until the 24 hours has elapsed. For example, if book is posted on 12/27 at 8:16 EST, you must wait until 12/28 8:17 EST to purchase the book. Early :takeit: will not be recognized.

OK, here is what is still available in the thread, where to find it, and when it is available to everyone

Page 6:

X-Men #1 Good+ $1000 9:01 PM

Amazing Spider-man #14 7.5 $1100 9:03 PM

Adventure Comics #300 CGC 8.5 $925 9:04 PM

Page 7:

X-Men #141 NM+ $80 9:09 PM

Amazing Spider-man #99 NM $175 9:09 PM

Page 8:

Suspense Comics #12 - VG+ $375 9:10 PM

X-Men #4 VF+ great colors $875 9:15 PM

Showcase #35 CGC 9.2 $1500 9:15 PM

X-Men #135 9.6/9.8 (lean hard to 9.8) $95 9:16 PM

Page 9:

Amazing Spider-man #96 NM $275 9:17 PM

Batman #181 VF+ $500 9:17 PM

X-Men #9 VF/NM $550 9:18 PM

Tales of Suspense #49 CGC 9.0 $1150 9:19 PM

Brave & Bold #59 VF $70 9:20 PM

X-Men #129 NM++ (20/25% shot at 9.8) $120 9:20 PM

Amazing Spider-man #91 NM/NM+ (a press would increase the chance at 9.6) $185 9:21 PM

Hulk Annual 3 9.2/9.4 $50 9:21 PM

Detective Comics #193 - VG/F $210 9:22 PM

Page 10:

All Star Western #10 CGC 9.6 (very, very nice 9.6) $1800 9:23 PM

Amazing Spider-man #70 NM $220 9:23 PM

Avengers #11 VF/NM $425 9:25 PM

X-Men # 128 NM/MT $140 9:25 PM

JLA #21 VF minus $240 9:25 PM

I am trying to decide if you caved to peer pressure or the market demands of customers.

I hope for the later as otherwise we will all continue to act like children in the face of clear guidelines and rules thus enabling us to behave poorly and blame others for having done so.

Oh, and can you offer me all the Adams books first in a private PM?

:popcorn:

I am trying to decide if you caved to peer pressure or the market demands of customers.

I hope for the later as otherwise we will all continue to act like children in the face of clear guidelines and rules thus enabling us to behave poorly and blame others for having done so.

i didnt know people would feel so strongly about it especially with the guidelines being so clear in this sales thread and on the last. maybe next time it should be done in a party pm type deal just to avoid the nonsense from people.

Also at the end of the day a seller has the right to sell who he wants to and as a buyer you have the right to decide if youll buy from any seller...if you dont like it, just move on

:tonofbricks:

If you send me a PM first after they are posted, and no one on the previous buyer list claims them, then they would be yours.

i didnt know people would feel so strongly about it especially with the guidelines being so clear in this sales thread and on the last. maybe next it should be done in a party pm type deal just to avoid the nonsense from people

Yeah, I don't get it either. I know Brian (Foolkiller) has done this before. I suspect others have as well.

:tonofbricks:

If you send me a PM first after they are posted, and no one on the previous buyer list claims them, then they would be yours.

soooo I gotta' chance......

:whee:

no,it isn't. by the time the book becomes available,someone would have bought it.the people in the beginning of this thread should agree.

If you can't wait 24 hours to buy comics...you need to get a life.

:)

i didnt know people would feel so strongly about it especially with the guidelines being so clear in this sales thread and on the last. maybe next it should be done in a party pm type deal just to avoid the nonsense from people

Yeah, I don't get it either. I know Brian (Foolkiller) has done this before. I suspect others have as well.

I'm creating my own rules. If I haven't paid you within 24 hours of me posting a :takeit: then I will not be responsible for payment. You will have to send me the book for free. Be sure to include a new pacifier as well.

I think you're doing great, Dale. I specifically bought books in your previous thread so I could have a shot at these.

I think all the complaining is in poor taste... Especially by people who didn't buy anything earlier but want the same opportunity to not buy anything in this thank you thread.

I think you're doing great, Dale. I specifically bought books in your previous thread so I could have a shot at these.

I think all the complaining is in poor taste... Especially by people who didn't buy anything earlier but want the same opportunity to not buy anything in this thank you thread.

Was crafting a similar post in between calls and whatnot this morning, but this sums it up perfectly. The responses were really grating on me...can only imagine Dale's reaction as an attempted good deed/thank you is roundly punished :doh:

For what it is worth, I am appreciative for the gesture (even if I do not grab anything in this one) and hope the holidays treated you well Dale :foryou:

Was crafting a similar post in between calls and whatnot this morning, but this sums it up perfectly. The responses were really grating on me...can only imagine Dale's reaction as an attempted good deed/thank you is roundly punished :doh:

For what it is worth, I am appreciative for the gesture (even if I do not grab anything in this one) and hope the holidays treated you well Dale :foryou:

I can see both sides. Not worrying about it though. It is what it is. I laid out the rules, made a promise in the last thread, and now I am following through. Sorry if it bothers some. Will try to figure out a better solution next time.

Dale, I followed your last sales thread. Here is an interesting concept, I read the rules and understood them clearly. Not sure how much clearer you could have stated it Dale. If I had wanted to participate in this sales thread I would have bought something, even on the cheap. I wouldn't even worry about it unless this is going to loose you long time customers. Good luck on your sales. (thumbs u