• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GA goodies, Baker of course, romance, and other.

79 posts in this topic

....a lot of nice Romita covers on those Girl's Love issues....I can definitely see the appeal. That Barn loft cover by Baker that Rick snagged is awesome. I don't know why, but it seems Baker's cleanest and possibly nicest work are on the Romance genre. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

....a lot of nice Romita covers on those Girl's Love issues....I can definitely see the appeal. That Barn loft cover by Baker that Rick snagged is awesome. I don't know why, but it seems Baker's cleanest and possibly nicest work are on the Romance genre. GOD BLESS...

Thanks Jimbo for taking a peak at the covers. There are so many awesome covers that Baker did for the St. John romance series. :)

Thanks Jimbo for taking a peak at the covers. There are so many awesome covers that Baker did for the St. John romance series. :)

I've been toying with the idea of trying to add a nice copy of War Time Romances to my collection, one with Baker inside and out. Any recommendations ? It'll be a while as I'm still broke from Christmas, but I could start gauging prices. GOD BLESS...

Young Romance $4

img228.jpg

:takeit:

Also

Falling In Love 12 VG light cream PQ. $10

Girls Romances 148 $3 VG

Girls Love Stories 41 $3

Girls Love Stories 47 VG. Nice gloss to the cover and great PQ. $7

Girls Love Stories 42 VG- $4

Girls Love Stories 162 giant I'd say F+ or maybe F/VF has a corner crease. $6

I've been toying with the idea of trying to add a nice copy of War Time Romances to my collection, one with Baker inside and out. Any recommendations ? It'll be a while as I'm still broke from Christmas, but I could start gauging prices. GOD BLESS...

I like Wartime Romances 5 and 16 the best. I know that 5 has a good story line that matches the cover. I just think that 5 was a pretty risque cover for the time appealing to young girls. I'm not sure off the top of my head which would be the best issue for the interior art.

Young Romance $4

img228.jpg

Also

Falling In Love 12 VG light cream PQ. $10

Girls Romances 148 $3 VG

Girls Love Stories 41 $3

Girls Love Stories 47 VG. Nice gloss to the cover and great PQ. $7

Girls Love Stories 42 VG- $4

Girls Love Stories 162 giant I'd say F+ or maybe F/VF has a corner crease. $6

All yours thanks a lot!!

I like Wartime Romances 5 and 16 the best. I know that 5 has a good story line that matches the cover. I just think that 5 was a pretty risque cover for the time appealing to young girls. I'm not sure off the top of my head which would be the best issue for the interior art.

(thumbs u (thumbs u

Pictorial Romances 24, cool Baker story "I Hired A Gigalo". Also, a really cool Estrada story in there. I wish he would have done more romance stories for St. John. I like the dark edges to his inking.

Tears in cover, creases VG Nice PQ

$60

img257.jpg

img258.jpg

Pictorial Romances 24, cool Baker story "I Hired A Gigalo". Also, a really cool Estrada story in there. I wish he would have done more romance stories for St. John. I like the dark edges to his inking.

$60

img257.jpg

img258.jpg

Love the Stanley Kowalski character on the couch. Baker caught him perfectly, contrasted nicely with the guy in the tux.

$60

img257.jpg

img258.jpg

$60

img257.jpg

img258.jpg

:applause: All yours thanks!

Hi Joanna. Nice sales thread and as always, I am late to the party. Anyway, there may be interest for your Cursed Pirate over on the Copper/Modern sales boards.

Happy New Year!

Thank you Jeannine. Happy New Year to you too :) I know that it was a little misplaced in this thread but I know that there are also quite a few GA boardies who like this strip for the detailed artwork. :) I'm happy with all the great sales.

$175 Price reduced $130

Prison Break 2 F/F+ Nice PQ. Great art on interior front cover by Kinstler.

Classic Cover

img178.jpg

img179.jpg

img180.jpg

This one is still for sale, if anyone is interested. It's a good price. :baiting:

Cursed Pirate Girl set of 4 comics. The first and second issue are NOT first editions. I believe the third issue is first printing but I can't confirm it because I couldn't locate any printing edition. But my recollection is that it. If you aren't happy, you can return them. They were read once with the exception of one of the Cursed Pirate Girl 2's which hasn't been read. Nice condition

$40 $35 price reduced for all of them.

DSCN0509.jpg

As per PM, :takeit: