• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Curator FF's!

465 posts in this topic

I wonder if they are Curators without pedigree proof?

That would be strange, since the commonly heard story is that the entire Curator FF run (except for #1) was all owned by a well known comic artist, so whatever evidence he had that any of his books were Curators should apply to all of his books. And Hauser should be able to vouch for whichever books he's claiming to be Curators.

Two possibilities (many other possibilities exist too):

1. The artist had actually broken up some of the Curator run previously, and it's the buyer who is now consigning the Northstar and Curator FFs.

2. Heritage wanted to put up the best FF run in history and assembled the Northstar and Curator FFs from separate sources but then submitted them together in its name, thus explaining the sequential numbers.

(shrug)

isnt brulato's FF run the best there is?>

this FF 1 will go for over $15K

Am I overlooking some obvious flaw? I'd grade it 8.0/8.5 unless I'm missing something huge.

Must be a big crease, but I'm overlooking it.

Beautiful book. (worship)

http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7054&lotIdNo=91001

is this the Curator or the Northstar ff 1??

So much for any secrecy on who the artist is. :P

That's at least the second time Heritage did that with these books. I suspected these were the Curators right away, but when I saw that same sticker and name on the back of FF #30, it confirmed it for me. I told Heritage about it and they changed the scan on that book. But there it is again on another book.

I wonder if they are Curators without pedigree proof?

That would be strange, since the commonly heard story is that the entire Curator FF run (except for #1) was all owned by a well known comic artist, so whatever evidence he had that any of his books were Curators should apply to all of his books. And Hauser should be able to vouch for whichever books he's claiming to be Curators.

Two possibilities (many other possibilities exist too):

1. The artist had actually broken up some of the Curator run previously, and it's the buyer who is now consigning the Northstar and Curator FFs.

2. Heritage wanted to put up the best FF run in history and assembled the Northstar and Curator FFs from separate sources but then submitted them together in its name, thus explaining the sequential numbers.

(shrug)

isnt brulato's FF run the best there is?>

He's got the 9.6 FF #1, and may have individual books that are better than some of these Curator/North Star books, but I think he may have to do some serious upgrading in this auction.

There are quite a few 09160180XX submissions showing up without a pedigree designation that are amazing copies. All the Curators posted so far have 09160190XX serial numbers, indicating they were sequential submissions.

Here's another ridiculous book: http://comics.ha.com/c/item.zx?saleNo=7054&lotIdNo=91020#Photo

I'm not sure I understand the ridiculousness of this book...another classic example whereby CGC grading standards and mine will never intersect...way to offset for a 9.8 to begin with...would much rather own an equally impressive 9.4...or perfectly centered 9.0 for that matter...than pay stupor-money for this book... (shrug)