• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Post Your Top 3 Personal Comic Book Acquisitions of 2011!

131 posts in this topic

My three bestest comic book acquisitions of 2011... :cloud9:

img_CaptAm7_189-1.jpg

img_CaptAm8_188-1.jpg

img_CaptainAmerica9FC_170.jpg

And finally, there's this Schomburg original which kinda turns up the heat all by itself... :whistle:

e96ad158.jpg

Caution: Viewing the above scan may cause shock and corneal extension.smiley-shocked013.gif

Disclaimer: Neither David Merryweather nor his friends, agents or associates may be held liable for any damage resulting from death-ray exposure, flashes of molten metal or retinal burn caused by viewing this without OSHA approved protection. You have been warned! (tsk)

img_CaptAm7_189-1.jpg

img_CaptAm8_188-1.jpg

And finally, there's this Schomburg original which kinda turns up the heat all by itself... :whistle:

e96ad158.jpg

Caution: Viewing the above scan may cause shock and corneal extension.smiley-shocked013.gif

Disclaimer: Neither David Merryweather nor his friends, agents or associates may be held liable for any damage resulting from death-ray exposure, flashes of molten metal or retinal burn caused by viewing this without OSHA approved protection. You have been warned! (tsk)

nice! you gotta be rich! lol

Wow - I can't compete with the blinding brilliance of those last three (well done Sir!) but these three pleased me mightily.

This one, back in January, was a punt on an ebay auction with a mediocre picture and 'good for its age'. I threw in a bid and got...

wdcs_78.jpg

This is kind of esoteric, but I've been trying to finish the set of 24 Australian Mobil giveaways for years, and with this one I'm down to one more:

mobil_10.jpg

(#9 anyone?)

Finally, my home office has six framed comic cover prints on the wall. I had the original book for the other five (Uncle Scrooge 4, Four Color 386, Weird Fantasy 15, Frontline Combat 8, Two Fisted tales 32) but didn't have this one:

WS_15.jpg

I do now. :cool:

nice! you gotta be rich! lol

OR broke... (shrug)

img_CaptAm7_189-1.jpg

img_CaptAm8_188-1.jpg

e96ad158.jpg

VERY, VERY nice !!! :o

This was a difficult exercise, as I came up with about 10 candidates.

This was my #1 for obvious reasons :insane: :

COTRV47.jpg

This was cool because it allowed closure in having my Hulk collection complete from 102 - up.

hulk108f1.jpg

hulk108f2.jpg

This was precious because of my nearly life long infatuation with the character, but also upgrading this early issue from the restored copy I'd had since 1970s.

dd5cgc90.jpg

This was precious because of my nearly life long infatuation with the character, but also upgrading this early issue from the restored copy I'd had since 1970s.

dd5cgc90.jpg

You've been infatuated with the Matador?

dd5cgc90.jpg

Si - I love the fancy pants. And actually, the copy I sold you was the mid-upgrade in a string of upgrades..., :whistle:

dd5cgc90.jpg

Si - I love the fancy pants. And actually, the copy I sold you was the mid-upgrade in a string of upgrades..., :whistle:
Very nice sunburst cover. And Wally Wood art is THE main attraction to early Daredevil. (thumbs u