• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Mail Order Mysteries

8 posts in this topic

Has anybody seen the book Mail Order Mysteris by Kirk Demarais? It is all about the ads in comics and what you actually got if you sent away for the various stuff. I ordered it on amazon a few days ago and it is amazing. Easily my favorite comic book related book of the year.

I remember thinking I was going to be a millionaire by signing up to the Olympic Sales club, but never had the chance to send away for things such as x-ray specs.

If you get a chance the book is a must read.

Has anybody seen the book Mail Order Mysteris by Kirk Demarais? It is all about the ads in comics and what you actually got if you sent away for the various stuff. I ordered it on amazon a few days ago and it is amazing. Easily my favorite comic book related book of the year.

I remember thinking I was going to be a millionaire by signing up to the Olympic Sales club, but never had the chance to send away for things such as x-ray specs.

If you get a chance the book is a must read.

thanks for recommendation. I will order it from Amazon.

100 piece toy soldier set

Ok. I had that in the mid-70's. If I can remember correctly it was a box about 6"x4"x4" (may have been a beige colour). I actually loved that set. That's the first time I've seen them again! I also remember I brought it along with me to play with when I visited my grandmother! :blush::grin:

Greedy Fingers Bank

Same time period as the toy sodiers. Had one. Loved it. :D