• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM LCS Amazing Spider-man #42

17 posts in this topic

Got this at Cave Comics 50% off sale. One of the best CT LCS for back issues in Fairfield CT. Almost never has sales, this one ends this Friday.

This stamp on the first page really makes me :insane:

ao8d1i.jpg

nex1ty.jpg

fdbuk6.jpg

thanks in advance....

9.2 dry clean and press maybe 9.4

Nice book.

Might have been a library stamp or something, hence the "not for sale"

That looks too sweet for a library copy. I wonder if "Eastern CLR" was the printer (Eastern Color?). Maybe it was a run copy to compare others coming off line to?

Just shooting from the hip on that.

Wait, just googled "Eastern Color Printing Company" and here is the answer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Color_Printing

Wallah!

Face it Tiger, you hit the jackpot!

9.2 dry clean and press maybe 9.4

Nice book.

Might have been a library stamp or something, hence the "not for sale"

That looks too sweet for a library copy. I wonder if "Eastern CLR" was the printer (Eastern Color?). Maybe it was a run copy to compare others coming off line to?

Just shooting from the hip on that.

Wait, just googled "Eastern Color Printing Company" and here is the answer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eastern_Color_Printing

Wallah!

Face it Tiger, you hit the jackpot!

Oh MY God!!! this is a real find for sure and trust me I got it for a very fair price.

It's going in to CGC tomorrow with another book I intend in picking up.

Thanks for the link!!!

Married Cover/Trimmed.

A married cover would have to also have non perfect staples. Unfortunatly I don't have the book here anymore to check it out......

prejudging the grading because of the stamp is just wrong!!!!

I don't want to be too negative here as the book looks beautiful and it's one of my favourite issues but look at the "in-and-out" right edge of the book against the black of the scan edge. It could be an artifact of the scan but, in comparison, the left edge is perfectly straight.

Marvel's not noted for the great cut of it's edges but I'm a little worried that someone sold you a trimmed book. :sorry:

It might be a good idea to keep in communication with the seller should the cut not be factory.