• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM: Avengers #11

8 posts in this topic

That's right. Key edges are cropped out and you should, to gain the best assessments, indicate any flaws that are not apparent or hard to read in a scan. For example, is that a corner missing on the back cover and is the colour loss/rub on the front the result of water damage?

And while the CGC concentrates on structure and doesn't get too worried about page quality unless it is brittle, most collectors assess paper quality as a function of a book's value and longevity. For example it's possible to have a good/strong/attractive 7.0 or a weak/iffy/less desirable 7.0. A declaration of page quality can also make reading a scan easier when analysing subtle differences in colouration at the edges of covers.

The pickier and more descriptive you can be, the better the feedback you can count on.*

Good luck and WTTB!

* God knows, I even smell comic books to check for mildew/mould and to generally assess the newsprint quality when I am purchasing first-hand. :whistle:

That's right. Key edges are cropped out and you should, to gain the best assessments, indicate any flaws that are not apparent or hard to read in a scan. For example, is that a corner missing on the back cover and is the colour loss/rub on the front the result of water damage?

And while the CGC concentrates on structure and doesn't get too worried about page quality unless it is brittle, most collectors assess paper quality as a function of a book's value and longevity. For example it's possible to have a good/strong/attractive 7.0 or a weak/iffy/less desirable 7.0. A declaration of page quality can also make reading a scan easier when analysing subtle differences in colouration at the edges of covers.

The pickier and more descriptive you can be, the better the feedback you can count on.*

Good luck and WTTB!

* God knows, I even smell comic books to check for mildew/mould and to generally assess the newsprint quality when I am purchasing first-hand. :whistle:

(thumbs u

PS consider wearing a nose/mouth barrier when smelling those older comics you get some pretty nasty micro nasties as a result of alla great fermenting organisms that would LOVE to mess with your breathing, that and cotton gloves. Alla germs are very terrible at times.