• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I really like my Nukla #1 but...

9 posts in this topic

It's got that "thing" running through the name. It's not a fold and it's not torn - it's like someone had a piece of paper on top of the comicf and then drew a line real hard so that it pressed into the comic without actually going through it. Dern. What grade do you think it is taking into account that I know the back needs to be cleaned and the whatever-it-is on the cover? Thanks.

Nukla_1_front.jpg

Back Cover:

Nukla_1_back.jpg

That's a tough one............... 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I am going to say it looks close to a 7.0 without the defect and it might grade out to a 6.0 if submitted. My gut tells me it's lower, but I don't know how much CGC takes off for that type of issue. confused-smiley-013.gif

If that is a production crease (meaning it happened on the presses), I've seen NM- books with those. I'm not saying this book is NM- (I'd say about VF- if that is a production crease, because of the spine stress and spine roll), but it is possible to have a NM- book with long production creases.

I thought he said it was a pen indentation, not a fold? confused-smiley-013.gif

I think I see what you are talking about now...........I also deducted for the dirty back cover since it seemed CGC had dinged me a couple of time because of that, which is were the 7.0 came from. Still 7.5 vs 7.0, not to far off. thumbsup2.gif

He may have said it looks like that, but to me it looks like every other printer's crease I've ever seen.

He may have said it looks like that, but to me it looks like every other printer's crease I've ever seen.

Me too, but nastier than most.

Ignore the nutsack crease in anything below 9.4...

Just grade the book like it wasn't even there... thumbsup2.gif

"nutsack crease" is a Registered TradeMark of Greggy, The Forum Legend