• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC Coupon discussion

52 posts in this topic

JLA #8. Another sentimental favorite-got this one at 14 in a Holiday Inn basement for 40 bucks (I think). My first 12 cent cover and in kind of decent shape.

I've picked up some interesting things at the Holiday Inn for the same price. hm

You know, they make a cream for that. :baiting:

GSX #1 is the first book. I'm guessing this will benefit from a press and I should reserve this for next year. My only issue is the possible damage/glue mohawk at the bottom of the spine, and I might send it in to see if they hammer it.

GSX1blfc.jpg

This can be fixed.

I'll no doubt be in touch after the new year :applause:

I was told when I slabbed 4 moderns with my coupon that I wasted money. One of the prevailing thoughts is to use the coupon for books that would otherwise be value tier books. It makes a lot of sense.

To quote the late great Harry Morgan, "Horse Hockey!"

Slabbing those moderns was a good decision for me as I was able to flip them and really start collecting some higher dollar books.

But do you understand the point? You paid $109 for the membership, and that comes with 3 "free" submissions, correct? To slab 3 Modern comics it costs regular, non-membership people $48.60 ($16.20 after 10% discount). Can you see where someone might think you wasted $60.40? No one's questioning your decision to slab Moderns, they're questioning why you'd pay an extra $60 to do it.

But do you understand the point? You paid $109 for the membership, and that comes with 3 "free" submissions, correct? To slab 3 Modern comics it costs regular, non-membership people $48.60 ($16.20 after 10% discount). Can you see where someone might think you wasted $60.40? No one's questioning your decision to slab Moderns, they're questioning why you'd pay an extra $60 to do it.

For my particular situation, I didn't have anything but moderns. I do understand the monetary aspect, though. All I am saying is, slab what you want. It's your money and your hobby.

For my particular situation, I didn't have anything but moderns...

Then why did you a purchase a membership? You don't need any kind of membership to submit to CGC.

Then why did you a purchase a membership? You don't need any kind of membership to submit to CGC.

What are you babbling about?

There's plenty of other reasons. You can track submissions online, verify grading, etc.

There's plenty of other reasons. You can track submissions online, verify grading, etc.

Hey, if that's worth $60 to you, go for it! I know it wouldn't be for you though, because that's what CGC charges for shipping to Canada.

Wow! You know so much! Please teach us how to do this. We are here to learn. :eyeroll:

Teach you what, how to waste $60? That's already been pointed out. As for teaching you how to submit your books to CGC directly yourself with no middleman and a 10% discount, I've been trying to explain it in that Journal thread, but you're just too dense to follow simple instructions.

Man, I haven't had my own troll in a while, I forgot how much fun it is. It's a bonus having one that's so stupid too!

Wow! You know so much! Please teach us how to do this. We are here to learn. :eyeroll:

Teach you what, how to waste $60? That's already been pointed out. As for teaching you how to submit your books to CGC directly yourself with no middleman and a 10% discount, I've been trying to explain it in that Journal thread, but you're just too dense to follow simple instructions.

Man, I haven't had my own troll in a while, I forgot how much fun it is. It's a bonus having one that's so stupid too!

Noobs. You can't live with 'em and you can't have a chat board without 'em.