• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Turnaround times for reholders are quick!

13 posts in this topic

Sent in 8 CGC comic books for reholder service on 12/20/11 and they are already coming back to me! Is it always like this for reholder submissions?

I thank you CGC; assuming everything is okay once I receive my books back. I am amazed at this level of service; for reholdering. I remember once during convention season I had books sit for almost a month for reholders. Maybe their turnaround times are imporving for services like these!

Just my 'two cents.' Anyone have similar experiences with this service? Has it always been like this lately?

PS: Happy New Year everyone!

Here is a bigger ? do they re grade when it is re holdered... I heard it might not always come back the same grade you sent it in as. lol

As long as the inner well is fully intact and undamaged they will just re-case it.

I have 5 on the way back too :banana:

I know during convention season they can sometimes take awhile. I was just surprised that they were done that quick. By the way, I have another batch to send in as well, so don't feel bad if you didn't make the deadline. The new fees already show on the fee schedule too.

Strange, I have one from 11/13 that's not back yet.

Have you tried calling and asking to see what has happened? Did you happen to use the 'hand-written' CGC submission forms or is it through the website? I find that the internet on-line submission form is much more hassle free. If you use registered mail as well; you should be good to go. Before I started collecting comic books, I was (and am) HUGE into paper money collecting. I never once had a problem sending in notes (through PMG) for reholdering. They even sometimes would get them done within forty eight hours! The reason why I was so surprised as to how quick they were with the comic books is because everyone is always stating how behind CGC is when submitting books. Now I fully understand that reholders do not have to go through a full grading process; but still. Getting books back under ten business days is excellent service in my opinion!