• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SOLD Uncle Scrooge 179 by Carl Barks

27 posts in this topic

Just to be clear, no harm was meant by my post and I doubt comicdonna's, who I know is a respected member of the boards of long standing.

I see that the original TK post I responded to has been deleted - my comments were directed at that - indignant that someone would be so obtuse as to TK on a boardie's first sales thread, but I can see they may have been misinterpreted. As a past seller here I know it's tough to build a reputation and am as annoyed at TK'ing as I think anyone. :foryou:

FWIW I'm a Barks fan and have pursued some of his work in recent Heritage Signature events rather aggressively, and in fact am well aware of the value of this 179. I clicked into this thread in the first place because I've been eyeing a lower-grade copy on eBay and was wondering if this was going to be one of those slabbed copies, given the scarcity in HG of the book.

At any rate, good luck with the sale. (thumbs u

For the record, my post "Ouch" was directed at the now deleted TK post, not the original post.

It was an odd thread, that's for sure. Now if I could only get that much attention in my Daredevil 1 post...

Dude, I'd be all over your DD1 if I hadn't been abusing my paypal account of late.

Excuses, excuses...

:D

Congrats on the sale! I remember my dad telling me how hard it was to find one around ten years ago. I believe he ran an ad in CBG and someone contacted him asking him to contact them if he was able to track down another... which he did. I'll take a look at dad's copy tomorrow on my lunch hour and see if he's ready to sell his. If so, I'll offer it on the boards first.

EDIT: Dad's copy is around Fine, and he's not ready to sell.