• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The John Carter of Mars GA Scanning Project
2 2

366 posts in this topic

What an amazing thread. I had not hoped to ever get to read these old classics. Many thanks to Theangenes for the effort to pull this off.

Btw IMHO the John Carter movie was worth the 30 year wait from my first discovery of his Martian Tales.

-Scott

Apparently, the movie cost someone his job. I thought it was great and it was popular in Europe and etc. However, it didn't tie in with any current TV shows, have any flesh eating Zombies or feature a teenage music star.

Perhaps marketing for the teens might have helped. Or supplying free copies of ERB to middle school kids who have been forced to read Mark Twain stories that need annotations.

By the way, I thought the jumping scenes were spectacular. Was it the 3D effect or did they seem the same in 2D.

What an amazing thread. I had not hoped to ever get to read these old classics. Many thanks to Theangenes for the effort to pull this off.

Btw IMHO the John Carter movie was worth the 30 year wait from my first discovery of his Martian Tales.

-Scott

You're very welcome, Scott. Glad you enjoyed it.

And welcome to the boards, both you and Mr. Indica. :hi:

Jeff