• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Trimming on CGC label for restored books

6 posts in this topic

I received a restored book recently that appears to be wider on top than the bottom.

There are no CGC notes regarding trimming. I wondered if CGC has dropped trimming from the label? Thanks

Comics can be trimmed skewed or crooked from the factory.

It does not mean the book was trimmed as restoration.

CGC notes trimming with a purple label.

There are no CGC notes regarding trimming. I wondered if CGC has dropped trimming from the label?

If CGC have not noted trimming on the label its means they didn't detect any.

I received a restored book recently that appears to be wider on top than the bottom.

There are no CGC notes regarding trimming. I wondered if CGC has dropped trimming from the label? Thanks

Lots and lots of comics are wider at the top than they are at the bottom. It's a defect straight from the printer. An angled miscut doesn't mean a book was trimmed.

And I know Dice had already answered the question. I just can't help it. If I hear about another book with an angled miscut being someone's "trimmed?" candidate I'm going to weep like a baby.

CGC is real good at detecting trimming. As far as I know, they have NOT dropped trimming from label description notes and a trimmed comic still gets that purple restored label.

CAL hi.gif