• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Closed

41 posts in this topic

I need to clear out my SA inventory after spending all my beans on some grails the last few weeks. I'll leave this up for a few days then sigh and head over to eBay.

Simple rules:

-- :takeit: is the trump card but feel free to PM questions and offers; bulk purchases will get my attention

--Paypal is preferred due to its speed and convenience but will accept check/MO; if you live in the Boston area I will happily arrange for pickup

--No thieves, slackers or bums from the HoS or probabtion list

--I prefer to ship priority ($12) but will ship however the buyer wants; also, pickup is an option

And away we go!

Avengers 4. SOLD!

Grade consensus was a 1.8. Probably falls in the 3.0-4.0 range except for the tear and glue residue on the cover. Everything is complete. Staples and spine are tight.

119842.jpg.f73759edc2b5c1913184c5a0061ab28a.jpg

119843.jpg.65a5a4b50976468bcabbe569ed79033b.jpg

:takeit:

Avengers 1A. $280.

Posted this in the grading forum and the consensus was a 1.5. Everything is intact and complete. Pages are off-white.

^^

Very cool assortment of books! Was this your collecting focus previously (low-grade keys) that you are now selling off to upgrade, or were all these books the prizes of a single rougher collection you bought somewhere?

Agreed with comment about the Avengers 1 - very tempting.

Very cool assortment of books! Was this your collecting focus previously (low-grade keys) that you are now selling off to upgrade, or were all these books the prizes of a single rougher collection you bought somewhere?

I started buying individual low grade SA keys and made that the focus of my collection but once I joined the boards here I saw an opportunity to buy a couple of my long-time grails (AF 15, Albedo 2) and couldn't resist. I have an X-Men 1 I'm contemplating posting but the decision is excruciating. It's low grade as well but signed by Jack Kirby. Gah! I hate having to sell my books.

I started buying individual low grade SA keys and made that the focus of my collection but once I joined the boards here I saw an opportunity to buy a couple of my long-time grails (AF 15, Albedo 2) and couldn't resist. I have an X-Men 1 I'm contemplating posting but the decision is excruciating. It's low grade as well but signed by Jack Kirby. Gah! I hate having to sell my books.

Dang, well, if you already own an AF15 that probably makes you the envy of about 99% of most collectors... Undeniably a grail!

Good luck with the sales - that somebody would deface that slabbed Avengers by cutting off the masthead like that is heartbreaking.

Yeah, don't list that. I really, really don't need to see one of those signed by him at the prices you're listing. Seriously. Don't do it.

Strange Tales 110. CGC 1.5. C/OW. $150.
One of my grails. Always liked Dr. Strange and right in my price range. hm

Do it! There's no need to be afraid.

:D

Yeah, don't list that. I really, really don't need to see one of those signed by him at the prices you're listing. Seriously. Don't do it.

I was actually convinced by a board member NOT to list it. Haha. Some things are just too valuable to let go.

argh i woulda insta bought that avengers 1 been looking for a nice price on one in that grade. sigh. now i missed the asm 12 and avengers 1 in last two days. OH THE HUMANITY!!! anyways real nice books sir. gl with the sale