• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pick My 4 Books

34 posts in this topic

Okay, so I have a coupon for 4 free Standard subs. I need help picking which 4 to send in and figured this would be the place to ask. If it isn't, someone tell me and I'll move it.

This is my list of raw books. Which 4 should I send in? Rank them from most to least worth subbing:

(raw grades are estimates)

X-Men 1 1963 (probably about a 1.5)

Albedo 2 (around 6.0)

Miracleman 15 (around 9.0)

Battlefield 4 (50s era Atlas/Timely) (around 7.0)

Miracleman Book One A Dream of Flying (around 8.0)

Miracleman Book Two Red King Syndrome (around 8.0)

Miracleman Book Three Olympus (around 8.5)

Miracleman Book Four Golden Age (around 8.0)

Miracleman Apocrypha (around 8.5)

Powers 1 1st series (around 9.2)

Usagi Yojimbo Sketchbook 1 (probably a 9.6)

X-Men 94 (around 2.5)

I am thinking of picking up a Four Color 178 (2.0) as well, so we'll add that to the list.

I think that's every raw book I own. Have at it.

Okay, so I have a coupon for 4 free Standard subs. I need help picking which 4 to send in and figured this would be the place to ask. If it isn't, someone tell me and I'll move it.

This is my list of raw books. Which 4 should I send in? Rank them from most to least worth subbing:

Albedo 2 (around 6.0)

X-Men 94 (around 2.5)

I am thinking of picking up a Four Color 178 (2.0) as well, so we'll add that to the list.

X-men #1,Albedo #2 would be the first 2 for me out of this list.

do they slab trades?

those books have a big collector market, but I think buyers are still interested in reading the books, so slabbing them doesnt make sense (I myself have been looking for an affordable Book 3 forever, having all the other trades).

Easy answer is what 4 books are you most likely to be selling?

Slab those cause it should increase the liklihood of selling them....

Albedo 2 (around 6.0)

X-Men 94 (around 2.5)

I myself would grades the following four books...

X-Men #1

Miracleman 15

Battlefield 4

X-Men #94

do they slab trades?

those books have a big collector market, but I think buyers are still interested in reading the books, so slabbing them doesnt make sense (I myself have been looking for an affordable Book 3 forever, having all the other trades).

Easy answer is what 4 books are you most likely to be selling?

Slab those cause it should increase the liklihood of selling them....

I've seen a couple MM Olympus' slabbed. You raise a good point about people still wanting to read those though.

No reason whatsoever to sub that book.

Because of a lack of value or because it'd be sealing away Barks art?

I'd do the X-Men 1 and 94 for two different reasons:

One, the X-Men one has that kick sig in it, and you should preserve that immediately, and two, with the 94, should you ever need to sell it even as a lower grade, you could easily recoup the slab costs.

One, the X-Men one has that kick sig in it, and you should preserve that immediately, and two, with the 94, should you ever need to sell it even as a lower grade, you could easily recoup the slab costs.

You would know the best whether that 94 is worth slabbing.

:D

Slab an X-Men 94 in 2.5? I wouldn't.

True! Honestly, I wouldn't slab it - unless you plan on keeping that 94 for yourself. As for the other books, unless they have personal or resale value, I probably wouldn't do it either.

I'm getting my first round of slabbed books back (10) - some I slabbed for sentimental reasons, some I slabbed because I thought that they would have good resale (because they were mid-upper grade keys). And two of them, looking back, I'm not entirely sure why the hell I slabbed them. But hey, it was my first time.

The only way I would probably slab lower-grade keys is if I felt I wouldn't be upgrading for a long time and I planned on keeping them. That Avengers 4 I got from you will probably get slabbed with my Avengers 1 in 1.5 - because I won't be upgrading them for a long, long time - if ever.

Albedo 2 (around 6.0)

All of these fall within the modern (or possibly magazine...not sure what category the tpbs are) category, so are cheaper than pre-1980 books. I wouldn't use CS coupons on a modern.

So, eliminating those leaves only

X-Men 94 (around 2.5)

I am thinking of picking up a Four Color 178 (2.0)

Honestly, I'd save the coupons for future use. If you desperately want to use them, I'd only use two of the coupons for the X-Men #1 and the Battlefield #4.

Albedo 2 (around 6.0)

X-Men 94 (around 2.5)

I would be willing to bet that you would do better raw with the vast majority of these books as opposed to slabbed. And you should send TupennyConan a PM on the Miracleman trades. You would be better off selling that coupon to a GA/SA submitter than using it on those books. No offense intended, just my unfiltered opinion. :foryou:

No reason whatsoever to sub that book.

Because of a lack of value or because it'd be sealing away Barks art?

Value.

You would be better off selling that coupon to a GA/SA submitter than using it on those books. No offense intended, just my unfiltered opinion. :foryou:

Sounds like a great advice. For those books, I don't see a lot of premium to the slabbing.

Albedo 2 (around 6.0)

X-Men 94 (around 2.5)

I would be willing to bet that you would do better raw with the vast majority of these books as opposed to slabbed. And you should send TupennyConan a PM on the Miracleman trades. You would be better off selling that coupon to a GA/SA submitter than using it on those books. No offense intended, just my unfiltered opinion. :foryou:

No offense taken whatsoever. I pretty much am asking about these books because I'm not even sure any are worth slabbing except for the X-men 1, which i have no intention of ever selling.

No offense taken whatsoever. I pretty much am asking about these books because I'm not even sure any are worth slabbing except for the X-men 1, which i have no intention of ever selling.

If true, why slab?