• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pick My 4 Books

34 posts in this topic

No offense taken whatsoever. I pretty much am asking about these books because I'm not even sure any are worth slabbing except for the X-men 1, which i have no intention of ever selling.

If true, why slab?

Because he has a coupon.

No offense taken whatsoever. I pretty much am asking about these books because I'm not even sure any are worth slabbing except for the X-men 1, which i have no intention of ever selling.

If true, why slab?

Because he has a coupon.

Oh well, then ...

I have a year so the only rush is that I'm really impatient.

If you have a year than hang around some other forums around here and gather some knowledge about some books that may be worthwhile to slab. By worthwhile, I mean value wise. If you want to slab a $1.00 book for sentimental purposes than more power to you.

Patience will be helpful. :)

You can also take Sean's advice and sell the coupon to someone else if nothing hits your fancy.

I think the Albedo 2, even though it is a modern book, would be bumped up to the next level because it surpasses the modern price cap.

No, CGC will grade this as a modern. I've subbed several in higher grade than yours. :gossip:

I think the Albedo 2, even though it is a modern book, would be bumped up to the next level because it surpasses the modern price cap.

No, CGC will grade this as a modern. I've subbed several in higher grade than yours. :gossip:

Oh really? Interesting.

You would be better off selling that coupon to a GA/SA submitter than using it on those books. No offense intended, just my unfiltered opinion. :foryou:

Sounds like a great advice. For those books, I don't see a lot of premium to the slabbing.

Coupons are non-transferable.

Don't slab the MM Trades (unless they are HG; 9.4 or better). You'll get good money for them as they are and you won't have to pay the slab fees.

I'd slab:

X-Men 1 1963 (probably about a 1.5)

Albedo 2 (around 6.0)

X-Men 94 (around 2.5)

Battlefield 4 (50s era Atlas/Timely) (around 7.0)

Don't slab the MM Trades (unless they are HG; 9.4 or better). You'll get good money for them as they are and you won't have to pay the slab fees.

I'd slab:

X-Men 1 1963 (probably about a 1.5)

Albedo 2 (around 6.0)

X-Men 94 (around 2.5)

Battlefield 4 (50s era Atlas/Timely) (around 7.0)

Exactly my thoughts, as well.