• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

former 8.5 cgc Avengers 4 now 9.6 pgx

116 posts in this topic

I sent him some questions to open up a discussion on the book. I can't wait for him to respond to the initial questions so I can start throwing some hardballs at him.

EDIT: He openly admits it is the 8.5 when responding to me. Says the only thing done to it was a pressing to flatten out a spine curl that ran all the way down the book.

In all honesty how likely is a pressing to remove this type of defect and raise a book from an 8.5 to a 9.6? Would love to hear from Joeypost on this.

if the guy that owns the book is also the guy grading it and slabbing it, i'd say it's a pretty likely outcome

It's a blatant conflict of interest. Anyone who works for any grading company should be barred from selling the products their grading.

He put a small down payment and picked it up the next day.Elliott bought the book,maybe even graded it himself.

But, but the person on eBay says his name is Brady, and he sent it out someplace east to have it pressed, he just doesn't remember where to.

The really sad thing here is that Ryan Elliott seems to have an extensive knowledge of comics and could have done very well for himself as a legit dealer. Instead, the guy decided to be a maggot.

It'll all catch up to him sooner or later. It certainly has caught up to PGX.

So has anyone tried to reach out to some of his buyers once feedback is posted and you can see who won the higher $$$ PGX books and told them that the person who really sold them the book is Ryan Elliot who also happened to grade the book himself?

I sent him some questions to open up a discussion on the book. I can't wait for him to respond to the initial questions so I can start throwing some hardballs at him.

EDIT: He openly admits it is the 8.5 when responding to me. Says the only thing done to it was a pressing to flatten out a spine curl that ran all the way down the book.

In all honesty how likely is a pressing to remove this type of defect and raise a book from an 8.5 to a 9.6? Would love to hear from Joeypost on this.

if the guy that owns the book is also the guy grading it and slabbing it, i'd say it's a pretty likely outcome

It's a blatant conflict of interest. Anyone who works for any grading company should be barred from selling the products their grading.

He put a small down payment and picked it up the next day.Elliott bought the book,maybe even graded it himself.

But, but the person on eBay says his name is Brady, and he sent it out someplace east to have it pressed, he just doesn't remember where to.

We need a fishy icon

Many of those "buyers" are shills to drive up the price.

Didn't Elliott have some shady deal on some sports cards or something where PayPal did some major charge back and he got banned from eBay? I remember hearing some story about this.

Didn't Elliott have some shady deal on some sports cards or something where PayPal did some major charge back and he got banned from eBay? I remember hearing some story about this.

Yes.It was a Hank Aaron rookie and a hockey rookie,maybe a Bobby Orr.Both were stunning cards with a little fuzz on the boarders.

He took extra fine sandpaper and sanded off the fuzz.Needless to say the cards looked like psa tens.

They were both sold on ebay.The hockey rookie going for 16k and the Aaron rookie going for 31k.

All went well until the buyer graded them.Both came back altered.Of course the buyer wanted their cash back.But Elliott was long gone on to his next shill account.

Paypal gave the buyer his money back and Elliott owes paypal almost 50k.

And that was just on this deal.God knows how much more on others.

Yes.It was a Hank Aaron rookie and a hockey rookie,maybe a Bobby Orr.Both were stunning cards with a little fuzz on the boarders.

He took extra fine sandpaper and sanded off the fuzz.Needless to say the cards looked like psa tens.

They were both sold on ebay.The hockey rookie going for 16k and the Aaron rookie going for 31k.

All went well until the buyer graded them.Both came back altered.Of course the buyer wanted their cash back.But Elliott was long gone on to his next shill account.

So why haven't someone like Paypal or the buyer mentioned taken some form of legal action?

That's crazy! And I thought some of my bad transactions were bad!

:popcorn:

He took me for a couple of grand more than 10 years ago. Sadly, his practice must be very profitable. It is scary to think how much money he must have scammed honest collectors for over the years. I would not be at all surprised if it is over $1 million.

Looks like I'll be putting in a 9,999,999 bid.

If you do that, I will officially put your picture next to Charles Bronson, Robert Culp and Oakman on my @SS KICKERS HALL OF FAME wall.

If you do that, I will officially put your picture next to Charles Bronson, Robert Culp and Oakman on my @SS KICKERS HALL OF FAME wall.

How did Robert Culp make the list? I SPY? Outer Limits? I loved the guy.

OL-DemonWithGlass15.jpeg

How did Robert Culp make the list? I SPY? Outer Limits? I loved the guy.

OL-DemonWithGlass15.jpeg

Hickey & Boggs

They hold their forty-four magnums with two hands and keep firing until they hit something ... anything.

They're not cool slick heroes. They're worn, tough men and that's why they're so dangerous.

That's Danny D level. A little bird should chirp to paypal who is running this auction.