• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hmmm... Ebay/Photobucket Questions

9 posts in this topic

I haven't used Ebay as a seller in quite some time and I've just encountered a few little road bumps as I attempt to list some books:

#1 The images I uploaded to PHOTOBUCKET were all 4MB or larger, but now they weigh only 258kb or so, now that I'm downloading them from PHOTOBUCKET to be re-used on Ebay. Does PHOTOBUCKET re-size uploaded images? If so, then lesson learned - keep the bloody originals on your hard-drive. If not, what am I doing wrong???

#2 Wow - Ebay.ca users seem to have to pay for more than Ebay.com users. ALL pictures are FREE on .com, but .ca users have to pay $0.15/image after the 1st. Is there a way around that??? I was going to list on .com, but it assumes I'm in the US and that messes up all of the shipping options/prices.

Thanks!

Photobucket resizes images based on your settings.

As in PHOTOBUCKSET settings? If so, I never even knew there were any....

Thanks.

After you click on upload, theres a link at the bottom to customize your upload options. You can change the size there.

Photobucket resizes images based on your settings.

As in PHOTOBUCKSET settings? If so, I never even knew there were any....

Thanks.

After you click on upload, theres a link at the bottom to customize your upload options. You can change the size there.
Gotcha. I guess there was some default value and I never noticed it. Great. About 100 scans that need to be redone. :tonofbricks: Fun.

And the ppi reads @ 1.... That's weird.

All good now!

Thanks COMICDONNA - at least 1 only wasted $0.15 on one 1 listing. I NEVER thought of using an img tag to insert FREE images, AND the images are the real size now. Cool. So why would anyone ever pay Ebay to post images then?

Kind of weird.

One word - ignorance.