• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stupid question about pressing

54 posts in this topic

There are no stupid pressing questions, only stupid people that ask them.

I was going to say that but I didn't want to be rude.

With the pressing controversy’s death, the thrill is gone.

The hobby needs to devise new methods of funny book abuse.

Scratch and sniff?

Paper sniffing in order to tell the level of paper mustiness. If you sniff and breathe on the paper too closely, you can create a localized micro-humid environment that could degrade the paper to a measureable point within 300 years.

We could now debate as to whether paper sniffing is damaging to books, and that it should be disclosed if people have spent time sniffing their comics.

I think we could also enact the following addendum to CGC standard numbering system. For instance:

A 3.5 would now read as a 3.5g, with the 'G' designating that the level of musty smell on the book is that of a "(g)randma's house"

A 9.4 would now read as a 9.4f, with the 'F' designating that the level of musty smell on the books is that of "(f)resh mountain air"

In public. I prefer to ask my noob questions in the privacy of a PM, where I can only be shamed by one person at a time.

In public. I prefer to ask my noob questions in the privacy of a PM, where I can only be shamed by one person at a time.

:facepalm: That takes all the fun out of it.

:facepalm: That takes all the fun out of it.

True. Dice linked the 'how do you put a comic box together' thread a few days ago, and it was hilarious.

2 model posts by the doctor.

Thank you, sir. I'm really hoping the sniff thing catches on. Mainly because of the prospect of using the term 'sniff factor' on comic book grading.

Thank you, sir. I'm really hoping the sniff thing catches on. Mainly because of the prospect of using the term 'sniff factor' on comic book grading.

Try naming one thing worth grading that we don't grade using sniff factor, at least in part.

Can't do it.

Try naming one thing worth grading that we don't grade using sniff factor, at least in part.

Can't do it.

Agreed. :roflmao:

OMG u r kiddin me, i been setting a book in a bag with boards on each side of it in between 2 cinder blocks, DOH

doh!