• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Marvel Silver Age KEY !! - Tales Of Suspense # 39 - SOLD and Closed

22 posts in this topic

No one on the HOS or probation list please.

:takeit: in the thread trumps PMs.

Shipping is free to US buyers. Canada pays actual shipping cost (with full declared value).

Forms of payment accepted are checks, money orders and Paypal (add 2%).

Tales of Suspense #39 - CGC 5.0 - OW pages - $2,350 SOLD !!

CGC notes - "Stan Lee '76 written on cover in marker."

TOS39fc.jpg

TOS39bc.jpg

TOS39lbl.jpg

TOS39sig.jpg

I always thought that people who had these non cgc verified signature books could pony up $50 bucks, get the signature verified by a reputable authenticator, and include the COA of it with the sale... I think it would help with the asking price... as to me... that's obviously a real Stan Lee sig.

I always thought that people who had these non cgc verified signature books could pony up $50 bucks, get the signature verified by a reputable authenticator, and include the COA of it with the sale... I think it would help with the asking price... as to me... that's obviously a real Stan Lee sig.

And I thought a COA was supposed to be done at the time of signing. Or can after-the-fact signature authenticators provide COAs 35 years later? That looks like Stan's signature to me, too.

And I thought a COA was supposed to be done at the time of signing. Or can after-the-fact signature authenticators provide COAs 35 years later? That looks like Stan's signature to me, too.

There's no COA that CGC will take to give this book a yellow label. I assume the post regarding a COA was to include the COA with this blue labeled slab as an additional selling point.

I don't think it needs an additional selling point, it's spectacular as is.

There's no COA that CGC will take to give this book a yellow label. I assume the post regarding a COA was to include the COA with this blue labeled slab as an additional selling point.

I don't think it needs an additional selling point, it's spectacular as is.

Agreed. +1

I am sure they would still not yellow label it, but it would be neat to go to a show where CGC was doing a Stan Lee signing and ask him to personally verify that it is his signature.

They would probably say since they didn't witness it, it doesn't matter even though the man says he did it.

There is no way that he would remember signing a single book from 1976, but one could still hope!

I am sure they would still not yellow label it, but it would be neat to go to a show where CGC was doing a Stan Lee signing and ask him to personally verify that it is his signature.

They would probably say since they didn't witness it, it doesn't matter even though the man says he did it.

There is no way that he would remember signing a single book from 1976, but one could still hope!

What if he carefully traced over it with a fatter marker?

What if he carefully traced over it with a fatter marker?

Are you serious? lol

Seriously, why risk it to get a yellow label?

My X-Men #1 was signed by Stan in 1976, it looks identical, even the "76.

I had him trace it, CGC would not let him trace the "76.

Anyways I got a yellow label, but I think they knocked the grade for the '76 still on the cover.

Stan had no problem with it either.

Just my 2cents

Beautiful book. But bank roll is too low to buy it at this time.