• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Record 9.4 Sale...

138 posts in this topic

I believe I said about a year ago that this would be a $1500 book in the future and I was just about laughed off the board by some of regular "pundits". I thought it would take a bit longer but the recent trend on this book has been increasing over the last few months. I think it may fluctuate between $1K and $1.5K but this book is here to stay for a while. This was not an abberation of a sale in my opinion, especially since the book did not have good eye appeal.

I believe I said about a year ago that this would be a $1500 book in the future and I was just about laughed off the board by some of regular "pundits".

That's not entirely true, as there is no limit to what speculators will take a book to in the short-term, and one sale does not a $1500 book make.

I remember disagreeing with you on this, and it was more in the frame of longterm worth, not some bizarro movie-based, speculator-hype run-up that will fade within the next 6 months to a year.

Will this be a consistent (post-movie) $1500 book? NO!

Could insufficiently_thoughtful_person speculators pump up prices to illusionary levels based on greed? YES!

Two different questions, two different answers.

I believe I said about a year ago that this would be a $1500 book in the future and I was just about laughed off the board by some of regular "pundits". I thought it would take a bit longer but the recent trend on this book has been increasing over the last few months. I think it may fluctuate between $1K and $1.5K but this book is here to stay for a while. This was not an abberation of a sale in my opinion, especially since the book did not have good eye appeal.

Hey Chris,

Missed that debate, but you were proved right to some degree. Even still, I'll be additionally surprised if more sell at this level. Despite the extremely aggresive buying lately, there was only one other bidder forcing the winner to this level. If it was 2-3 bidders, I'd agree that a couple more could match this sale. My hunch is that they drop back to the $1k to 1.2K range... but we'll see. I've underestimated the book thus far it appears... and I like the book.

Just makes me wish i held those (2) extra 9.6's I had and sold at what I thought the peak level was 2 months ago. $2300. Looks like I could have moved at least one over $2500-2600. Where were these guys when that last 9.6 online went for $2100?

Timing is everything

hi.gifWhere were these guys when that last 9.6 online went for $2100?

I always find myself wondering the same about low sales on my books one day and higher results from the same books with different sellers at a later date...

In the early days of these boards the Murph said he was buying these at $300-500 a pop, although I think the only sale under like $450 was a BIN...by Murph!! 893whatthe.gif

Maybe all the HTF HG black cover keys are on the rise. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I think it may be time to offer by beautiful MTU 1 9.4 White now that I acquired 2 9.6's. I think I need to run a few ebay auctions just so I remember how... and to hookup with this new crop of aggresive buyers.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Maybe all the HTF HG black cover keys are on the rise. 893crossfingers-thumb.gif

I think it may be time to offer by beautiful MTU 1 9.4 White now that I acquired 2 9.6's. I think I need to run a few ebay auctions just so I remember how... and to hookup with this new crop of aggresive buyers.

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Hoarder!! 27_laughing.gif

sorry.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

confused-smiley-013.gif

Making refererence to the hoarding comment. Sigh...one of the few books that I sold last year that has actually gone up in price substantially. Sold my 9.4 and 9.6 too cheaply in retrospect! frown.gif

Oh well...I made it up on others books that have definitely gone down in price! tongue.gif