• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Record 9.4 Sale...

138 posts in this topic

It is movie speculation.. but I'm not complaining. Sold one of my raw VF/NM's for far more than I ever thought it'd go for. smile.gif

Will probably be posting a 9.4 on eBay this week. Despite how hard it is to find accurately graded copies with nice registration, I can't pass up 2k for one.

Brian

It is movie speculation.. but I'm not complaining. Sold one of my raw VF/NM's for far more than I ever thought it'd go for. smile.gif

Will probably be posting a 9.4 on eBay this week. Despite how hard it is to find accurately graded copies with nice registration, I can't pass up 2k for one.

Brian

Good luck with that. You have to strike when the iron is hot !

Brian

thumbsup2.gif

It is movie speculation.. but I'm not complaining. Will probably be posting a 9.4 on eBay this week. Despite how hard it is to find accurately graded copies with nice registration, I can't pass up 2k for one.

I totally agree, and if someone is willing to give you $2K for a CGC 9.4, then take it and run.

These prices are just insane. makepoint.gif

It is movie speculation.. but I'm not complaining. Will probably be posting a 9.4 on eBay this week. Despite how hard it is to find accurately graded copies with nice registration, I can't pass up 2k for one.

I totally agree, and if someone is willing to give you $2K for a CGC 9.4, then take it and run.

These prices are just insane. makepoint.gif

I wonder what we will be saying when they hit 3000.00 It could happen! I will however be sitting on the outside looking in on that one ( Not enough guts to flip that let alone the 2000.00 one!)

Davidking623

The flipside is that Ghost Rider IS my favorite character. And Marvel Spotlight 5 is one of the books I just love to own. So it really sucks "having" to sell a book due to speculators. frown.gif

Brian

I wonder what we will be saying when they hit 3000.00 It could happen!

No way. Supply will increase to satisfy this insane speculator demand, and if anyone wants to get their $2K, I recommend you act fast.

I can see quite a few of these coming out of the woodwork due to the ludicrous prices being realized, and that should drain the $$$ out of the insufficiently_thoughtful_person specs.

Brian

Sounds like a very good call. gossip.gif

If past history is any indication, then the book will top out and remain range bound anywhere from 10-20% below the high price for a while (a year or two). Take your profit and pick-up something that isn't hot yet (or a keeper book). thumbsup2.gif

Joe Collector. Everyone to you seems to be a insufficiently_thoughtful_person. Who made you the insufficiently_thoughtful_person god. What the heck do you collect or speculate on that keeps you out of the insufficiently_thoughtful_person category. People called me crazy for trying to pay 700 for NM+ copies of Hulk 181. 10 years ago. Lighten up. hi.gif

Joe Collector. Everyone to you seems to be a insufficiently_thoughtful_person. Who made you the insufficiently_thoughtful_person god.

27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif

If you think that $2K is a GREAT DEAL for this book, why didn't you pick up Murph's when he offered it up for that price? Why aren't you on EBay buying them all up and then reselling for thousands more when the prices rise?

I assume, because you ARE NOT a drooling insufficiently_thoughtful_person speculator.

If you think that $2K is a GREAT DEAL for this book, why didn't you pick up Murph's when he offered it up for that price? Why aren't you on EBay buying them all up and then reselling for thousands more when the prices rise?

893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Now that there's 2 9.4's and 2 9.2's online right now, I'm guessing 1,500 is out of the question. Then again, it didn't look too promising after I saw that the guys doing most of the bidding on those other 2, both bought copies.

Brian

Don't rush it. You've still got at least a couple of months to make a killing on it. The registration on yours is probably as good as it gets on this book, so hold out for 2K. And if not on Ebay, you might be able to find a buyer privately.

OK Chris.. I gave you your due when the 2nd copy eclipsed the $1500+ sale... but since we have had 2 sales* dipping back to the previous high range (that I mistakenly thought was the peak) and now a sub-$1k sale.

*Marvel Spotlight 5 CGC 9.4 ow - First Ghost Rider... $1,375.00...May-31

(Brian's Copy not meeting reserve but possibly sold anyway??)

MARVEL SPOTLIGHT 5 CGC 9.4...$1,275.00...Jun-02

and now this... 9.4 MS 5's in 9.4 settling back down

MARVEL SPOTLIGHT # 5 CGC NM 9.4...OW/W... $920.00...Jun-13

(poor Steve.. 3 books late for the payday)

so i was off by a sale...

juggle.gifgrin.gif