• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Comicman on eBay?

19 posts in this topic

So I find this auction and I'm looking at the scan and notice that at the bottom it says "Scan by Comicman."

So I'm thinking that the seller has stolen a scan from "Comicman," so I search for comicman's auctions and see he doesn't have anything listed. Then I look at comicman's feedback and notice that the last 20 or so were left by "jimv_sin," who just happens to be the seller of the book I was originally looking at. Not only that, but jimv_sin was the SELLER in the transactions with comicman.

So, my question is why would a relatively new eBay seller be selling books that all have scans watermarked as property of comicman, and a big chunk of his feedback is from selling books to comicman, and yet comicman doesn't have any books for sale?

I'll also add that from reading about comicman, that he used to put "look at the pitchers and you decide" in all of his auctions.

Comicman is clearly a superhero who needs to go to great lengths to protect his real identity. I heard that Bruce Wayne did the same thing on Ebay until they outed Lucius Fox as one of his shills while selling rare Franklin Mint plates.

Comicman is clearly a superhero who needs to go to great lengths to protect his real identity. I heard that Bruce Wayne did the same thing on Ebay until they outed Lucius Fox as one of his shills while selling rare Franklin Mint plates.

I was watching the Simpsons just last night and there was a funny little exchange regarding Bruce Wayne and his alter ego....

Homer: Oh, I get it, you're all going to try to convince me that my life is great just like it is, right?

Lisa: Are you kidding? We couldn't even convince you that Bruce Wayne is Batman.

Homer: Oh, come on, that billionaire playboy. He's too busy socializing at cocktail parties and managing the affairs of the Wayne foundation

Marge: (whispering) Don't open this one again.

Lisa: Why does he think Alfred is friends with Batman?

Marge: Just stop.

SECRET WARS #8 Is a higher grade comic .Cover has nice shine and liy's flat. Corners are good. Staples are clean and tight. Spine is very nice. pages are white ,complete and intact..back is white and clean with some light wrinkles by bottom corner . A very nice comic .I am not a grader so you decide. Ask any question you may have.

I have scan of back if you want.

I combine shipping and will refund any over charge for shipping.

If not happy please return within 10 days.

Comicman description.

The house of Secrets 92 1st Swampthing. is a HIGHER GRADE comic.

The cover is flat and has very nice color and shine. corners are very good . spine is great. back is clean.pages are white to very light tan.overall a very nice comic .

I am not a grader so look at the pitchers and ask any questions you may have.

I combine shipping . and will refund shipping paid over the cost. all comics over $50.00 must be insured.

jimv_sin description.

Looks like the same dude to me. Same location in Canada.

Comicman is jimv_sin.

Finkle is Einhorn. Einhorn is Finkle.

SECRET WARS #8 Is a higher grade comic .Cover has nice shine and liy's flat. Corners are good. Staples are clean and tight. Spine is very nice. pages are white ,complete and intact..back is white and clean with some light wrinkles by bottom corner . A very nice comic .I am not a grader so you decide. Ask any question you may have.

I have scan of back if you want.

I combine shipping and will refund any over charge for shipping.

If not happy please return within 10 days.

Comicman description.

The house of Secrets 92 1st Swampthing. is a HIGHER GRADE comic.

The cover is flat and has very nice color and shine. corners are very good . spine is great. back is clean.pages are white to very light tan.overall a very nice comic .

I am not a grader so look at the pitchers and ask any questions you may have.

I combine shipping . and will refund shipping paid over the cost. all comics over $50.00 must be insured.

jimv_sin description.

Looks like the same dude to me. Same location in Canada.

Comicman is jimv_sin.

Finkle is Einhorn. Einhorn is Finkle.

Ace_Ventura_Plunger.gif

I was watching the Simpsons just last night and there was a funny little exchange regarding Bruce Wayne and his alter ego....

Homer: Oh, I get it, you're all going to try to convince me that my life is great just like it is, right?

Lisa: Are you kidding? We couldn't even convince you that Bruce Wayne is Batman.

Homer: Oh, come on, that billionaire playboy. He's too busy socializing at cocktail parties and managing the affairs of the Wayne foundation

Marge: (whispering) Don't open this one again.

Lisa: Why does he think Alfred is friends with Batman?

Marge: Just stop.

lol

I'm guessing the old ID finally got a bad rep or too many negs and he moved to another ID, then used the old ID to build feedback and/or shill his auctions.

But I could be wrong.

This might sound like a stupid question: but doesn't he have to pay final value fees on those auctions (like Iron Man #1 for $118). That seems to be a lot of money just to inflate your feedback for nefarious purposes. Or is there something I am missing?

Hell, I don't know. I'm just bringing something I found to the table. Feel free to ridicule and hypothesize. It's not like there's a better Friday thread to play in. :facepalm:

This might sound like a stupid question: but doesn't he have to pay final value fees on those auctions (like Iron Man #1 for $118). That seems to be a lot of money just to inflate your feedback for nefarious purposes. Or is there something I am missing?
Maybe he overcharges himself in order to cover the fees. :tonofbricks:

You can give positive feedback before any payment is made, then just cancel the transaction.

You can give positive feedback before any payment is made, then just cancel the transaction.

Ahhh. Ok. That makes sense. Man, with the way Ebay stalks it's users, you would think they'd get a clue to people doing this.

Hell, I don't know. I'm just bringing something I found to the table. Feel free to ridicule and hypothesize. It's not like there's a better Friday thread to play in. :facepalm:

True. But it's a nice change for once. There's always next Friday.

I'm guessing the old ID finally got a bad rep or too many negs and he moved to another ID, then used the old ID to build feedback and/or shill his auctions.

But I could be wrong.

The active items have a masked ID bidder with matching number of feedback (759) to Comicman.

(tsk)

But I could be wrong.

The active items have a masked ID bidder with matching number of feedback (759) to Comicman.

(tsk)

That same 759 bidder has shilled all this seller's auctions. hm