• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Exposed microchamber paper in CGC Well - Reholder?

56 posts in this topic

Reholder.
I think this is the best bet too. When I was new here, I asked this question. Someone said tap on it. Others disagreed. There was arguing. I got confused and scared so, I put it back in the box as it was.

I bought a low-grade Fighting Yank 10 (Bondage torture and Hypodermic needle cover) with the microchamber paper exposed at the bottom and side. I gave the book to CGC at a local con here in SOCAL and they fixed the problem and mailed me back the book within a couple of weeks. They were cool about it and did not charge me.

SLR

For the love God. It's a comic book in a plastic case. Bang on it until it slides back in place. If it's that big of a deal, spend $12, plus three times that in shipping, and get the damn thing reholdered.

If I'm not mistaken, Pirate actually had a customer raise holy hell because the microchamber paper stuck out into the slab. So much so, that he returned book.

For the love God. It's a comic book in a plastic case. Bang on it until it slides back in place. If it's that big of a deal, spend $12, plus three times that in shipping, and get the damn thing reholdered.

If I'm not mistaken, Pirate actually had a customer raise holy hell because the microchamber paper stuck out into the slab. So much so, that he returned book.

Buy the microchamber, not the book!!1!

Wait, these cases only have a 7 year shelf life? Where does this 7 year time frame come from? :)
Reholder after 7 years, or your books will slowly die. Reholder is recommended, not required.
Fixed it.

I have one that I bang on but, it still sticks out.

girl or mircopaper?

At this point, I am not sure.
Are you answering pre or post-op?

Wait, these cases only have a 7 year shelf life? Where does this 7 year time frame come from? :)
Reholder after 7 years, or your books will slowly die. Reholder is recommended, not required.
Fixed it.
This has not been proven.

I have one that I bang on but, it still sticks out.

girl or mircopaper?

At this point, I am not sure.
Are you answering pre or post-op?
I can't even remember which way the change was.

Fixed it.

They will not die. :makepoint:

The microchamber paper loses its effectiveness after seven years. That's it. If CGC were smart, they would redesign their label every few years. That would bring in more reholders than changing out a piece of paper that isn't even big enough to wipe your arse.

Plus, I seen plenty books cracked out that didn't have any microchamber in them anyways.