• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Scanner recommendations

4 posts in this topic

I'm going to be picking up a new legal-sized scanner soon, and I rarely - if ever - scan anything other than comics anymore. I've purchased plenty of scanners in my life, so it's nothing new to me - but I thought I would get some input from people who scan slabs about suggestions. My price range is going to be $150-$250, I'm not interested in a cheapo scanner, but not looking for a pro one, either.

My biggest issue/question would be: being able to scan a slab without the book appearing blurry. What is the cause of this, and how do I ensure I don't have a problem with my new scanner doing this?

Thanks for your help, guys!

Here is the thread in General where it has been discussed in length.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4583357&fpart=1

I read it, did lots of research on eBay and bought the HP 8250 for $90. It does a good job but default setting is a little bright than the book really looks so I need to adjust the settings somehow.