• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #1 on Pawn Stars tonight

134 posts in this topic

For those of you who get the History Channel, someone walks in with an Amazing Spider-Man #1 on the 9:30 PM (CST) showing of Pawn Stars tonight. :o

Let's see if Rick overpays for it or not. hm

We watch this show sometimes, and I can never understand why people take some of the things in to seel that they do. Why try to sell a valuable comic book to a pawn shop? Dumb...especially with eBay.

V/R,

Mike

Before they advent of "let me call a friend of mine who is an expert", I am sure there were plenty of folks passing off trimmed, incomplete and restored books at pawn shops all the time.

It doesn't matter what they offered. That show is a complete fraud anyway.

They constantly hand items to people coming in to the store, and tell them what to say.

A friend of mine was on the show. The item he sold was his and the story he told was 100% legit.

They constantly hand items to people coming in to the store, and tell them what to say.

Really?? I would love to hear about that. You see it for yourself? :popcorn:

A friend of mine was on the show. The item he sold was his and the story he told was 100% legit.

I'm not saying that all of them are not true. I just remember someone from another board mentioning how he walked into the store once and was handed some antique item and they told him exactly what to say.

I'm not saying that all of them are not true. I just remember someone from another board mentioning how he walked into the store once and was handed some antique item and they told him exactly what to say.

So you heard a friend of a friend of a friend said this? So basically you have no clue! doh!

There are entire websites dedicated to proving these "reality" tv shows as fakes. Pawn Stars stages stuff just like all the rest. Sure sometimes someone will come in with a legit item but more often than not they be staged.

Sons of Guns is the worst of them all. I would say Moonshiners was but there is absolutely nothing real about that show to even be able to claim it is reality tv.

I'm sure the show has some moments that are legit, but I just think so much of it looks fake. The fact that Rick knows so much about this stuff makes me believe that show is incredibly fake. What does the guy have a PHD or something? Because I have a Bachelors in history and don't know half of what he knows. The guy knows the history of random objects from hundreds of years ago.

Nice looking #1 and not a GRR

small pen mark, looks to be at least 6.0.....

Hoss: "Could be anything from a 0 to a 10 and there's 9.5 in between." lol