• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ASM #1 on Pawn Stars tonight

134 posts in this topic

I see it as a Ditko Cover.

Kirby had a more blocky / rectangular nutritionally enriched look to much of his characters anatomy while Ditko had a much skinnier look to his characters.

These guys are to skinny

That's where Ditko's inks come in.

Look at Thing, Reed and Sue...and especially the faces. That's all Kirby.

Spidey's arms and legs are all wrong for a Ditko piece as well.

So I was curious about what the price tag was on that ASM 1 and if it was sold. I've called the shop and their automated phone system either doesn't work or, as my wife joked, Chumlee doesn't know how to use a multi-line phone. lol

Anyhow, I can't get through but found they have an eBay store. No comics, but there are a few Mego figures on there - paging Gator!

funny, I called them too with no luck getting through

Rick, did you see those Mego figures on their eBay page?

Whats with the dripping, blood red peace symbol? Trying to make a statement? hm

In the description of the book that aRick wrote it says at an early age he had a near 200 IQ. Since the mean is 100 and it is scaled to follow a bell curve with a standard deviation of 15 points that puts him right up there with Bobby Fischer

No direspect to CGC but when did it become an authority on creator ID? It's nice that CGC puts such notes on the label ... but they are not the source I would use for that information nor are they claiming to be btw. I don't understand folks taking those as gospel truth. CGC has one gig, providing the grade and they are the authority on that. Creator credits, no.

CGC notes vary from period to period...old blue label vs current vs earlier current vs present current...they have to be taken with a grain of salt...they are certainly not gospel...

I was just watching the reruns and saw the trivia question where it asked which US president appeared in an ASM comic. The answer was shown as #538. I could be wrong here (or this may have been discussed already), but didn't he appear in #583?

I was just watching the reruns and saw the trivia question where it asked which US president appeared in an ASM comic. The answer was shown as #538. I could be wrong here (or this may have been discussed already), but didn't he appear in #583?

You beat me to it.

I was just watching this and was telling my self before the break, Obama ASM 583. Commercial break was over and they said ASM 238? They must have gotten in a hurry and typed it wrong.

13560768.jpg

13560768.jpg

:roflmao:

The photoshopping here always impresses!