• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC cancels some of the new 52

26 posts in this topic

I read at the beginning of this whole mess that titles had essentially 6 issues to "prove" themselves and then those that needed to go, would go, to be replaced by other titles. This is not so much a case of "oh no! This isn't working!" but rather a case where DC anticipated some titles might not do as good as they had hoped and they had plans in place to handle that.

DC is trying to be very liquid with this it seems, trying to figure out what the market wants.

China Mieville will be writing the new Dial H series???

Wow. I LOVE his novels. Perdido Street Station and King Rat are crazy good. I look forward to this one!

...and how long will it take to go back to the original numbering of some of the foundation titles?

Both Marvel and DC's marketing teams are run by non-collectors who are "short team greedy" only caring about putting "#1 : First Issue!!!" on their covers to sell books, rather than building their legacies and dynasties and committing to a series. Also, dividing their talent and focus amonst too many multiple titles for the same character or groups rather than have a single awesome book with great art and story. Too many Batman, Superman, X-Men, Spider-Man, etc titles that are mediocre.

marvel confuses the heck out of me with all the #17.1 & what ever they are doing lately I duno what is what

That's an easy one to figure out compared to a lot of the things that go on. For example a # 17.1 would just be an extra issue to fit in between # 17 and 18. Trying to figure out the numbering on Incredible Hulk is a bit more tricky. :eek:

this is certainly Dial H for Hero's best shot to finally be a good read. Earth 2 sounds like fun, World's Finest should be interesting.

World's Finest: Written by Paul Levitz and featuring alternating arcs drawn by George Perez and Kevin Maguire. This series stars Power Girl and Huntress as refugees from Earth-2 struggling to find a way home.

t