• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CLOSED - TOS Low/Mid Grade Run Issues 60-100

75 posts in this topic

I really want to move these books and am open to offers or just feedback about my thread. The more I know, the better I will be for upcoming ones.

Are my prices too high, did I post at the wrong time of day, or is there no interest in low grade TOS?

hm

Since you asked, here are my thoughts.

The easy one, is that yes....you listed at a fine time (thumbs u Ultimately though, I do not know that many threads languish for the time they are posted. Occasionally, they come up against a buzzsaw like a Foolkiller or CD4ever thread, but that is more competition than time of posting :juggle:

At the low end of the grade spectrum I think the books are a tad high in grade (i.e. 2.0 that looks closer to G- or Fr/G). The grading, however, seems to get somewhat stronger towards the low-mid grades...although some of the water stained books may be a bit high. I am certainly not an expert though, and others can weigh in if they see the same.

Half guide is about what you can find most of the low grade ToS for (excepting keys)...for what it is worth, I have seen the later issues (i.e. #70ish through 100) sell here on the boards briskly at a few bucks a pop for readers...anything over a five-spot and I think you get resistance on what many might consider filler issues :shrug:

Boardies will differ on this, but I find if the thread is more than a pic, grade, and price you connect with the buyers better. A little banter, a joke...if you make it a fun thread, it starts getting eyeballs and posts. Discounts and freebies also tend to draw the attention of the masses (but you may not want to move on price point).

Now what to buy...that issue of ToS 94 or the next issue of JoMS :juggle:

joms2cover.jpg

Thank you, much appreciated!

Yes, I do have a lot harder of a time with the low low grade books. Differentiating between 1.0 and 2.0 is just tougher because I don't have as much experience.

I will revisit my gradings, adjust pricing, etc later on today.

I thought about trying out my sense of humor a little rather than just post pic, grade, and book but wondered if it would be best to just stick to the "all business" attitude.

Anyway, I realized the danger in trying my first sales thread with low grade material, but thought that I should wait to post higher priced items until I have reputation as a reliable seller.

Modok calls for you... :)

Thank you, much appreciated!

Yes, I do have a lot harder of a time with the low low grade books. Differentiating between 1.0 and 2.0 is just tougher because I don't have as much experience.

I will revisit my gradings, adjust pricing, etc later on today.

I thought about trying out my sense of humor a little rather than just post pic, grade, and book but wondered if it would be best to just stick to the "all business" attitude.

Anyway, I realized the danger in trying my first sales thread with low grade material, but thought that I should wait to post higher priced items until I have reputation as a reliable seller.

Modok calls for you... :)

Best of luck, will definitely check back...and Modok calls to everyone dontcha know...he's like Deadpool or something...

Modok Team-up :luhv: