• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wow! What's up with this book?

16 posts in this topic

A lot of you know that I love the rare, weird, and the unusual but this book has me baffled. As you can see the cover is lacking color but also the inside front and back cover is blank and there is no indica. Does anybody know what this is?

sweetdiary001.jpg

Calling Scrooge!

DR.X

Was working on it :baiting:

Am I right that there is black ink, not that black is made out of red / blue / yellow, right?

Black is the fourth color in "Four Color"

Guys I can understand the misprinted ink omitted book explanation but why doesn't have an indica?

The indicia on that book is on the inside front cover, printed in black ink. No black ink, ergo no indicia.

Guys I can understand the misprinted ink omitted book explanation but why doesn't have an indica?
might have been pulled before other side printed, or the printing process stopped when they realized out of black ink, etc ... a myriad of possible explainations, but unlikely we will ever know "the" reason

The indicia on that book is on the inside front cover, printed in black ink. No black ink, ergo no indicia.

reasonable explaination as any (thumbs u

It looks like only the magenta plate printed. Maybe the printer was just running the press to test the magenta plate before the real print job got going, but a few test sheets got used as covers. That is pretty cool!

I think the Cyan run was ok, but then the black (K) was starting to run out, because you can see some gray lines on there and including the CDC in the logo and it never finished the next 2 runs.

very interesting tho!

I've seen covers or pages that was missing 1 out of 4 colors, but nothing like this. thanks for posting it.