• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FOR ALL YOU DROOLING FANBOYS!!!!!!

59 posts in this topic

Actually Burnt, I'm sorry we couldn't have coordinated our trips......would have been nice to hang with you and see the BB Pedigree!

i didn't know that you'd be making the trip today or i would have postponed my visit.

and, i was only kidding about buying the avengers (the doubles do exist, however.......) grin.gif

Hook,

Just read your post to my dad & he almost peed in his pants. This is even funnier than your post about applying for a job at the Fort Lee post office!!

Anyway, it was awesome to meet burntboy yesterday. He has a great enthusiasm and amount of knowledge for the hobby as well as some killer books.

Since you're going to be meeting with your daughter, we will have to do without the beer, but I have some early Avengers to show you. I look forward to it.

Surfer,

When the CGC updates the census, there will be one less 9.4 since mine was upgraded to the 9.6 (I always thought it was a 9.6, it's the Slobodian copy).

I have no desires to corner the market on any book, especially one that is going to cost me at least 15k for each additional 9.4. If I didn't have an FF 4 and saw it on Comiclink or Wilson's site, I probably would have bought it already (completist in me is at the root of all evil). Anyway, thanks for the idea.

Surfer,

When the CGC updates the census, there will be one less 9.4 since mine was upgraded to the 9.6 (I always thought it was a 9.6, it's the Slobodian copy).

I have no desires to corner the market on any book, especially one that is going to cost me at least 15k for each additional 9.4. If I didn't have an FF 4 and saw it on Comiclink or Wilson's site, I probably would have bought it already (completist in me is at the root of all evil). Anyway, thanks for the idea.

Cap - thanks for the Tour and the Pizza. nice meeting you, lisa and jackie........

Burntboy,

The pleasure was all mine. I love sharing my books and their history, etc. with a real collector and enthusiast. One thing though, can we at least get half meatball the next time we get together?? BTW, met Red Hook today and he's a great guy and an Avengers nut. I think he walked away pretty happy with a few 9.4s to fill his holes. Also, his post earlier today could have been his funniest yet.

I think we owe some thanks to the CGC because without them & these boards we never would have met, etc.

Keep in touch my friend.

Doug.

Doug, too bad I didn't "meet" you until recently. Based upon Burntboy's description of where you live, I was probably in your building, or one of the other towers in that same cluster, just last summer visiting a friend! I thought I smelled a "Pacific" breeze wafting in while I was there, but figured it was just my imagination.

here's an interesting observation that i believe to be accurate; if you picked a spot a bit east of the GW Bridge, you'd have the following 5 collections/stock within about a 10-20 mile radius, Josh Nathanson, Marnin Rosenberg, Capt Tripps, Tom Brulato and Ghost Town.

Don't forget Metropolis!

So anyway, I stop by Cap's house, and what do I find? Him doing a lapdance with a couple of White Mountains! Lawdy Momma!

captaintripps.jpg

But seriously folks.....a great, if too short visit! Thanks Doug! I felt like a 12 year old sitting on the stoop looking at comics with another kid. Enjoyed the art appreciation hour, and it was nice to see samples of these great books in such fresh looking shape.

Thanks again for a great hour of company and conversation! thumbsup2.gif

And Drice, I took a pic of a book I know you want. I left it behind for you! I told Doug you don't want anything with cream colored pages, so he scrounged around and pulled this out from under the couch! It's only a Pacific Coast 9.6, but I thought you might consider it for that gapping hole in your Registry Collection! 27_laughing.gif

dricefive.jpg

holeeeeee sheeeeeeeeeeeet

man, after seeing those pics u know EXACTLY how burntboy and redhook are feeling after seeing true "off the press" nm/nm+ examples of these great silver age marvels

just awesome.........unreal, every marvel collectors dream......

captain tripps- i will have to make the trip from australia to visit u in florida one of these days

and tripps- u look just a bit too much like tom b....u colud pass for his brother, anybody ever told u that?? now that is scary.......

The book that I actually did start to have a brain seizure over isn't even pictured here....it was a Curator Pedigree Copy of Avengers #2 that was so fresh, the yellow on the cover looked like a perfectly rippened Chiquita banana! Now I know what they mean when occassionally speak of seeing colors so bright and fresh they actually look wet!

And a word to Steve B. and the gang at CGC......

PLEASE, somewhere down the line, find a micropore paper for inserting that doesn't allow quite the amount of cover translucency. If that paper even exists.

That is the only thing about slabbed books, in the area of presentation, that I think needs improvement.

Here's an alternate shot of the two FFs with their owner.....

captaintwo.jpg

i kinda thought you might enjoy seeing all those avengers. which "doubles" did you pick up, if i may ask?? grin.gif and the good news is that's the same dude that i met so it's probably really him. hey, did you get that itinerary that i asked about devil.gifi

Yep, I have our modus operandi in place. Should be a cake walk. I've already acquired an exact match of the "doorman" uniform at the building. You thought I brought the camera to take cheescake photos?

Yep, I have our modus operandi in place. Should be a cake walk. I've already acquired an exact match of the "doorman" uniform at the building. You thought I brought the camera to take cheescake photos?

just think 893scratchchin-thumb.gif a copy of every single silver age marvel with virtually nothing below 9.6 (Hell we'd have doubles for sale that were our spare 9.6's). we could market them as the "Captain Brulato Collection".................. cloud9.gifcloud9.gif or maybe the "Redboy" Collection devil.gif

captaintripps.jpg

"Greggy, these shorts that I borrowed from you are just so damn comfortable that I don't want to give them back. Would you trade them for these crappy Marvels instead?" 27_laughing.gif

Hook,

Thank you for stopping by on your way to see your daughter. That's two nights in a row now that I have met two cool guys who just happen to love SA Marvels as much as I do. Again, there's nothing quite like talking books and checking out early Marvels (or Bronze age, etc.). The time just flies.

As much as you appreciated looking at my FFs & Avengers was my appreciation of meeting a new friend who is an even bigger Avengers fanboy than me!!

Now, if only we can find a job for your daughter. Without a college degree it's going to be a little tougher.