• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Question Regarding Submitting Comic

7 posts in this topic

Hey all, new to the society and had a question about the sig series. I have a couple of comics that where bought from autographed at comic convetions from various artist's that where autographed. now if i wanted to send them in too get Certified would the certificate of authenticity be acceptable as the "Witness" . I would assume a certificate would be okay , but wanted to make sure before sending in. thanks

I'm assuming what you are asking is, "can I send in an autographed book with the certificate of authenticity and get a signature series label?" The short answer is no. Only a book that has been been signed in front of a CGC representative is eligible for signature series verification.

Welcome to the boards!

Hi, and welcome to the boards!

Unfortunately, any sort of previous certificate of authenticity will not work. They only, and I repeat only way to get the yellow Signature Series label is to have the comic signed in the presence of a CGC witness. This guarantees 100% authenticity to the Yellow Label, seeing as certificates can be forged (not saying yours are).

If you send in a pre-signed comic, it will receive a Green label if it's high grade.

Hope that helps!

I know it seems like a bummer but the more familiar you get with SS the more you will value the yellow label and the process, trust me. It avoids questionable sigs and provides a vast amount of confidence in the authenticity

I totally agree. It puts all doubt aside. Even if I know the signature is authentic if it's not Yellow Label SS I just can't bring myself to buy it. I have a friend who submitted his signed collection that he got all the signatures himself at shows but the green labels just turn me off. It shouldn't since I know he got them signed himself but for some reason it just does.