• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Italian 300 Tough black cover

8 posts in this topic

Just got this beauty from accross the pond. In my opinion the Italian 300 foriegn is the coolest of the 300 variants.... with the 300 replaced by Venom foriegns a close second....

The census has a high of 9.4 for this issue..... I think this book could be a 9.0 or 9.2?

In hand this copy is beautiful! No fingerprints of any kind.... A small spot on spideys leg appears to be a stain or a place the cover gloss is no longer? Hope its not color touch.... :wishluck:

THere is also some light smudging to the cover....

Some corners are razor sharp others have some light blunting damage...

Thanks in advance guys!

Italian300_front.jpg

Italian300_back.jpg

Italian300_front_damagenew.jpg

Italian300_back_damage.jpg

corners.... up close!

rightfront_above.jpg

rightfront_lower.jpg

leftfront_above.jpg

leftfront_lower.jpg

rightback_above.jpg

rightback_lower.jpg

leftback_lower.jpg

leftback_above.jpg

I have to share my experience: Star Comics books are tough to find in very high-grade, so I think Matt's could be safely considered a VF/NM. How much cover wear?

These books are structurally very different, so, to make a comparision, you should see how CGC judges, for example, "perfect binding" books with coated cardboard covers, like "Nick Fury vs. Shield", "Stray Toasters" or the old Marvel Book & Record sets from the 1970s, which had similar covers.

A NM/M copy should have been preserved with great care as it came out in 1992. Surely there are plenty, but they are mostly in collections (no CGC, here… lol ) and it’s hard to find them as italians are not mad after super-high grades, and a 9.0-9.8 is more or less the same for the majority of collectors. :)

Well, as I said, those can’t be compared to american bronze/copper comic books, I would see if CGC treats somewhat differently the different kind of manufacturing/binding, etc. with different paper.

You should compare it with something like this (can’t find a CGC prestige format book in 8.0/8.5), but the italian Star Comics are even more delicate, in some way:

batman-darkknight-1.jpg

(Of course, true NM/M could not exist).