• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

USPS Click and Ship vs. Local Branch Post Office

22 posts in this topic

What kind of scale do you guys use to calculate shipping? I checked eBay and all I could find are the little drug scales. How do you weigh a big box?

I went on ebay and bought a $15 or so digital scale that I think has like a 25 pound weight limit. looks like a piece of junk from china, but it has worked well for 8 years and i don't think i've ever even changed the battery.

I bought mine in the aisle where they sell pots, pans and other kitchenware. It's actually for weighing food portions. No battery required. It goes up to 10 lbs which is sufficienrt for me. Looks something like this but is plastic.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/vintage-kitchen-scale-old-but-works-up-24-lbs-looks-funky-nice-dial-/300656421213?pt=Small_Kitchen_Appliances_US&hash=item460084e95d

Search for kitchen scale on Ebay and you should find what you need.

What kind of scale do you guys use to calculate shipping? I checked eBay and all I could find are the little drug scales. How do you weigh a big box?

I went on ebay and bought a $15 or so digital scale that I think has like a 25 pound weight limit. looks like a piece of junk from china, but it has worked well for 8 years and i don't think i've ever even changed the battery.

Cool, is it one of those tiny pocket ones? I guess getting a box on there would be a balancing act