• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CINCINNATI COMIC EXPO - SEPTEMBER 22 & 23

302 posts in this topic

Getting pumped for this. No Tony Moore and thinking for the longest time Steranko was gonna be at this one again (derf derf, I even bought some HG Silver Ages books which I cracked out and beautifully prepped for the show :insane: ) I am ready to hopefully get a bunch of stuff signed by George Perez, all the Swamp Thing folks (4 HG copies of ST #37, and a #20) and hopefully snag some nice sketches to get slabbed.

Looking forward to meeting everyone tomorrow, I will be there around 815am to be in line for VIP early entry and I will be wearing a 49ers Crabtree jersey.

It looks like I will only be there on Saturday. If I had some books I'd like to get SSes by George Perez, is it to late to make arrangements with someone?

Andrew (GACollectibles) will be there taking subs and Seanfingh will be the witness. I think they will be taking onsite subs still so just look for their table and you will be good.

It looks like I will only be there on Saturday. If I had some books I'd like to get SSes by George Perez, is it to late to make arrangements with someone?

Go to GAcollectibles' booth as soon as possible on Saturday to coordinate.

I have never submitted for a SS...whats a rough estimate for modern books?

Thanks guys!

If you don't pay the extra $10 a piece to fast track them by the time they are graded, slabbed and back in your hands they will no longer be considered a modern book.

lol

Really fast track them or expect to wait 5+ months.

Thanks guys!

If you don't pay the extra $10 a piece to fast track them by the time they are graded, slabbed and back in your hands they will no longer be considered a modern book.

lol

:roflmao:

Go to GAcollectibles' booth as soon as possible on Saturday to coordinate.

Come see us at booth 522!!

Thanks guys!

lol

Really fast track them or expect to wait 5+ months.

All we need is just a little patience.

Very good crowd for the show. I would guess there were 7000 people over the 2 days. For those of you who would like something to compare it to, maybe the size of Pittsburgh Comic Con or maybe Planet Comic Con in KC.

Not alot of old book buyers (yet), but I think all of the new book guys and cheap book guys did great. I am confident this show will keep getting better and the old book guys will eventually show up.

Very good crowd for the show. I would guess there were 7000 people over the 2 days. For those of you who would like something to compare it to, maybe the size of Pittsburgh Comic Con or maybe Planet Comic Con in KC.

Not alot of old book buyers (yet), but I think all of the new book guys and cheap book guys did great. I am confident this show will keep getting better and the old book guys will eventually show up.

I am hoping by this time next year the wife will let me collect these older more expensive books as I expand my collection. I got to take a quick glance at your table but I was so broke at that point that I didn't want to bother you. I let the CGC Sig Series and sketches clean me out for the weekend.

I enjoyed though getting to meet a ton of board members again this year along with some for the first time. JJ, Rich, Pirate, Sean, GACollectibles, Derbyfan, even JimmyL who claimed he wasn't Jimmy. :)

there was moderately heavy foot traffic on both days, although, there were no big dollar buyers, 90% of my sales came from my .25, .50 cent and $1.00 boxes. I sold a few $10 to $30 books, but that was about it. I did much better at the first two Cincy Expos than this one, I feel that since there were so many more dealers in the room that the dollars spent got spread out even more. but hey, I still had fun meeting (and re-meeting) boardies and I got a sweet deal on a Batman #227 :)