• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

So, I just got my 1st CGG book...

83 posts in this topic

You make an accusation like that then you need to back it up......

What's the eBay seller's ID and what comic was it? What's your eBay ID for that matter?

Is the auction still in the database?

Sorry if I sound like I'm doubting your word but I am. If CGC graded and sent a comic with a CGC return address then they are of the highest order. And I doubt that......

Jim

CGG makepoint.gif

PVCGG! makepoint.gif

foreheadslap.gifinsane.gif

Yes, that's what I'm saying.

Auction text is:

ITS CGGroup, THE COMIC GRADING GROUP. NOTHING BUT GOOD EXPERIENCES WITH THEM AND THEY SEEM TO GRADE A LITTLE MORE CONSISTENT THAN CGC SO YOU CAN BE SURE YOUR GETTING THE GRADE ON THE LABEL, OR POSSIBLY BETTER IN YOUR OPINION SINCE THEY ARE PRETTY TIGHT IN THEIR GRADING. THEIR NEW OUTER HOLDER IS EXCELLENT AND IS NICER THAN THE CGC HOLDER.

THIS IS A BEAUTIFUL BOOK WITH WHITE PAGES.

THANKS FOR CHECKING OUT MY AUCTION AND GOOD LUCK IN ALL YOUR BIDDINGS.

SHIPPING IS ONLY $3! ALL BOOKS ARE PACKAGED VERY WELL FOR SHIPPING

Now, the seller has 204 feedback, most of which is BUYING comics, but the book I received came in a brand new mailer with CGG's name and address on the return label, and the sellers payment address on paypal was CGG's address. The auction makes it SOUND like he has no affiliation with CGG, just a customer.

Just strikes me as a little..... misleading, to say the least.

confused-smiley-013.gif

EDIT: To above poster - to clarify, it's CGG, not CGC. When I get my scanner in the mail, I'll scan in the mailer, book, and receipt

Do you have the auction # still? Or even the Ebay ID of this person? 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

Alex

You make an accusation like that then you need to back it up......

What's the eBay seller's ID and what comic was it? What's your eBay ID for that matter?

Is the auction still in the database?

Sorry if I sound like I'm doubting your word but I am. If CGC graded and sent a comic with a CGC return address then they are of the highest order. And I doubt that......

Jim

CGG makepoint.gif

PVCGG! makepoint.gif

foreheadslap.gifinsane.gif

Give us the name!! NOW!! We have ways of making you talk!

If you're going to continue this, you're going to have to give more info/evidence- the seller's ebay name at least.

Otherwise you should probably drop it as it could be taken as libel (or is it slander?)

Well, I've used the Ebay Advanced Search for terms quoted in the auction text under "completed items," and nothing shows up. Which may simply mean that the auction is now too old. Or that it didn't exist. Not accusin', just listing the options.

Edit: nevermind. Thanks for posting the link. I have NO idea why ebay couldn't find this auction in its own search engine using actual cut-and-pasted text in the "cmopleted items/title and description" search, but oh well...

Thanks for the link.....sorry if I came off a bit harsh but your's is a very serious charge that can't just be explained away and taken at face value in a one off post......

The return address was CGG? I'd like to see the mailer as well whebn you can get a scan....

Maybe they are of the highest order......

Jim

If you're going to continue this, you're going to have to give more info/evidence- the seller's ebay name at least.

Otherwise you should probably drop it as it could be taken as libel (or is it slander?)

Well, I've used the Ebay Advanced Search for terms quoted in the auction text under "completed items," and nothing shows up. Which may simply mean that the auction is now too old. Or that it didn't exist. Not accusin', just listing the options.

For those that missed it the first time. It would have taken some real detective work to figure out his user ID. insane.gif

For those that missed it the first time. It would have taken some real detective work to figure out his user ID. insane.gif

tongue.gif

I will ABSOLUTELY get the mailer scan for you asap. My first post here and I never wanted to come across as someone who falsly accuses anyone, nor am I a troublemaker. I'm merely trying to learn from this is all. At the time I posted, I didnt know if this was common practice or not, just figured I'd ask, so I knew the answer.

Again, my apologies if anyone is taking this as an accusation. It's not meant as one.

I will ABSOLUTELY get the mailer scan for you asap. My first post here and I never wanted to come across as someone who falsly accuses anyone, nor am I a troublemaker. I'm merely trying to learn from this is all. At the time I posted, I didnt know if this was common practice or not, just figured I'd ask, so I knew the answer.

Again, my apologies if anyone is taking this as an accusation. It's not meant as one.

Welcome to the boards...be prepared to assume the position. hi.gif

And btw, the Mailing label is a UPS billing label. Return address is CGGroup, po box 71154 Eugene, OR 97401. The tracking number is 1z 945 x17 03 0021 5357 - type it in, hit details, you can see it was billed and sent from Eugene to me. I have yet to get any books graded by ANYONE, so this is not a book I sent in.

Actually, you are very refreshing. Strangely, 99% of the people who just show up and immediately start discussing PVCGG are--get ready for it!--defending and applauding them.

As have I, in the past. I've stated that I like their grading, their speed, their holder, and their prices. But the bottom line is that I grade books to sell, and I like them immensely but if the market develops a peculiar rep for a company--even if I LOVE that company--that hurts the value of a product, I gotta reconsider.

Welcome to the boards...be prepared to assume the position. hi.gif

27_laughing.gif

Welcome to the boards!