• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classic Threads in CGC Forum History
11 11

111 posts in this topic

So, did CI become JC? Was there a banishment?

I don't recall CI getting banned. He just changed ID's. Might've been around the same time he took down the website.

lol, this website (chat board)? Or did he have his own?

He had his own. It was before these boards existed, I believe. Maybe someone more in the know than I can comment.

As you can imagine, that thread exploded with posts. You think the Transplant thread was nuts.....

Is that just because of the number of people who posted about it?

The overall tone of the thread, with some exceptions, was pretty professional, all things considered.

cap_zpsc71b73a8.jpg
I remember him.. Dear god save us from that idjit!

Stay away from Layfield! Bwahahahaha!!! This is great! 8 pages down, 456 to go!!

By the end you can tell my tone changed 180 degrees,this is after a hundred post or so a day asking the same thing over and over etc etc etc. doh!

As you can imagine, that thread exploded with posts. You think the Transplant thread was nuts.....

Is that just because of the number of people who posted about it?

The overall tone of the thread, with some exceptions, was pretty professional, all things considered.

Yes, more the number (in the Transplant thread) than the tone. I logged on yesterday and had 700+ new posts in that one.

That's what the Ewert thread (original, not the abridged) was like as well. Plus all the outrage. And, as you probably remember, that was still when pressing alone was a much more divisive issue than it is today.

It's arguably the most important thread we've ever had on the boards. It's certainly one of the most impactful personally.

I read about 100 pages and I honestly couldn't tell what his deal was. Either he was(bless his heart) a little mentally challenged and didn't know when to stop or that's one of the best trolls to dominate a message board since Al Gore invented the internet. hm

I read about 100 pages and I honestly couldn't tell what his deal was. Either he was(bless his heart) a little mentally challenged and didn't know when to stop or that's one of the best trolls to dominate a message board since Al Gore invented the internet. hm

No he was challenged Sharon/skypinkblu and I spoke to his mummy.

Well if that's true, not be a d*ck, but the kid doesn't need to be collecting knives. :ohnoez:

Well if that's true, not be a d*ck, but the kid doesn't need to be collecting knives. :ohnoez:

We told him that too! If you can't tell by now he was always kind of set in his way about things. lol

We told him that too! If you can't tell by now he was always kind of set in his way about things. lol

Well from I read he did enjoy reading golden age comics :roflmao:

Well from I read he did enjoy reading golden age comics :roflmao:
:roflmao:

You forgot the most brilliant part about Justin-he openly said he didn't read or even like comics he just wanted to 'make money' investing in them. And his business plan was to buy a book, then sell it one week later for 10-20 times the amount....

He just couldn't figure out WHY it wasn't working.

You forgot the most brilliant part about Justin-he openly said he didn't read or even like comics he just wanted to 'make money' investing in them. And his business plan was to buy a book, then sell it one week later for 10-20 times the amount....

He just couldn't figure out WHY it wasn't working.

This is the best thread hands down. The one about the dude and the trimmed books is just flat out depressing.

At what point does the 454 page thread become worthwhile to read? I want to cut to the chase.

Or... is it really a slow build that is worth it?

At what point does the 454 page thread become worthwhile to read? I want to cut to the chase.

Nothing about that is worth spending any time. I don't know what the PC term is, but I am pretty sure that Justin was special. I blame the Boards less than I do his mom or whoever takes care of him. It was just an awful train wreck where a special kid wore out his welcome because he had no filter and no one was watching what he was doing.

Nothing about that is worth spending any time. I don't know what the PC term is, but I am pretty sure that Justin was special. I blame the Boards less than I do his mom or whoever takes care of him. It was just an awful train wreck where a special kid wore out his welcome because he had no filter and no one was watching what he was doing.

I have no interest in that then. It is one thing to take enjoyment over the foolish train wrecks that a few create for themselves. I personally do not want anything to do with what you are describing then.

I have no interest in that then. It is one thing to take enjoyment over the foolish train wrecks that a few create for themselves. I personally do not want anything to do with what you are describing then.

Yeah not worth it at all.