• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Classic Threads in CGC Forum History
11 11

111 posts in this topic

I was hoping to see Justin's Thread! :o

I had a lot of fun with that one...

That was a fun thread. :grin:

That thread was one of the first threads I remember when I joined. If I remember right, Justin was talking about how he spent all his money on his girlfriend and didn't have money left for Captain America comics, etc. Oak was really calm, cool and collected - then SNAP - he finally had enough and gave him both barrels. I think that lashing was the end of Justin. He just left after that, never to return.

Why did Oak lay in to him for spending money on his girlfriend?

That thread was one of the first threads I remember when I joined. If I remember right, Justin was talking about how he spent all his money on his girlfriend and didn't have money left for Captain America comics, etc. Oak was really calm, cool and collected - then SNAP - he finally had enough and gave him both barrels. I think that lashing was the end of Justin. He just left after that, never to return.

It wasn't that he spent money on his GF - it was that he bascially outlined that he ws irresponsible with money. I don't remember the details, but it was something along the lines of Justin lamenting he couldn't buy really cool Captain America books because he his girlfriend demanded he buy her a 5-disc DVD changer. Or something like that. It came down to it being pointed out to him that he needed to be financially responsible and get on a budget. Take that for what it's worth, my details are kind of fuzzy and I was a n00b.

From what I gather, Justin was not the most terribly responsible young person on the boards, and it seems that Oak was super nice to him, gave him advice and possibly stood up for him for quite some time (before I was around). I think in that thread, Oak's patience had reached his limit - and he let him have it.

Oak is one of the nicest, coolest guys here - but this Justin guy really pushed buttons with his behaviors. I can't get into it a lot because it was right when I got here, but he is an infamous board legend for a reason.

I thought I'd give this a bump as it is pretty interesting!

How comes the Ewert thread is all a few posters summarizing things?

It was so massive and filled with so much rage, butthurt, speculation, etc....that I ended up making an edited version that focused on the "highlights" and some of the more level-headed posts in the thread up to that point.

As you can imagine, that thread exploded with posts. You think the Transplant thread was nuts.....

This guy Justin was something else.It wasn't because he was spending money on his girlfriend,it was that he had just a bunch of drek Captain America comics and wanted to get All the Cap. big keys.His girlfriend wouldn't let him spend money on comics,only on her.He lived with his mother and Girlfriend,and to be quite honest I think he was mentally retarded(is that PC?).He wanted to trade his drek books for big keys,and nobody would do it(obviously),so he had mini FDQ moments just about every day.That though isn't the kicker,oh no! He would PM me a hundred F-ing times a day asking me the same questions over and over and over,it's still gets me crazy thinking about this dumbarse.I tried to keep composed,because I knew he was challenged,but damn after a week or two of him PMing me a hundred times a day,oh and had me talk on the phone to his MOTHER about how HE doesn't want to get ripped off by us devil comic collectors,by trading his drek for the books he wanted.After all the times I tried to help him,and help him,and help him,and help him(get the picture) I blew up! (shrug) A man can only take so much,and told him nobody wants your drek,go home to mommy and read your books and don't bother us type stuff.I just finally after hundreds and hundreds of PM's I couldn't take it. :tonofbricks:

It wasn't that he spent money on his GF - it was that he bascially outlined that he ws irresponsible with money. I don't remember the details, but it was something along the lines of Justin lamenting he couldn't buy really cool Captain America books because he his girlfriend demanded he buy her a 5-disc DVD changer. Or something like that. It came down to it being pointed out to him that he needed to be financially responsible and get on a budget. Take that for what it's worth, my details are kind of fuzzy and I was a n00b.

From what I gather, Justin was not the most terribly responsible young person on the boards, and it seems that Oak was super nice to him, gave him advice and possibly stood up for him for quite some time (before I was around). I think in that thread, Oak's patience had reached his limit - and he let him have it.

Oak is one of the nicest, coolest guys here - but this Justin guy really pushed buttons with his behaviors. I can't get into it a lot because it was right when I got here, but he is an infamous board legend for a reason.

Oh and thanks Balls for the life lessons I tried to give him,and give him,and give him(you get the picture). lol

Link please

Oh and thanks Balls for the life lessons I tried to give him,and give him,and give him(you get the picture). lol

Oh yeah, totally. Even as a n00b, I could see that he really wasn't getting the message - and I had NO idea you did that much for him. See, that's why you're The Man. (thumbs u

Oh yeah, totally. Even as a n00b, I could see that he really wasn't getting the message - and I had NO idea you did that much for him. See, that's why you're The Man. (thumbs u

Smart azz! lol