• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SOMEBODY JUST SHOOT ME!!!!!

20 posts in this topic

So what was it??...two days ago, I was crying about being fed up with EBAY? I was fed up because although BUYING from EBAY has been great for me, selling on EBAY for me was a massive bust.

In my first two auctions...I had one auction that the bidder backed out of...and the other guy was a slow pay....

...today, my slow pay guy just turned into a no pay. Now I'm 0 for 2 selling!!! 893frustrated.gif893frustrated.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2242072257&sspagename=STRK%3AMESO%3AIT&rd=1

the sad part is, I could have just lumped all 114 books from the auction above in with the 40 comics I am listing in my current auction and made it easier on myself.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2245793409&sspagename=STRK%3AMESE%3AIT&rd=1

I swear, I am cursed when it comes to selling on EBAY.

SOMEBODY JUST SHOOT ME!!!!!

Hold still... tongue.gif

Man that's bad luck.

I think since 1999 and over 300 sells I've only had 3 back outs and 2 of them were for $5 items.

Steve:

Start putting in your auction description that people with less than a 10 feedback rating need to contact you first before bidding to confirm their intentions or you'll cancel their bids. Not sure why, but this seems to work for a lot of people. Sorry about the bad luck, buddy.

FFB

Steve:

Start putting in your auction description that people with less than a 10 feedback rating need to contact you first before bidding to confirm their intentions or you'll cancel their bids. Not sure why, but this seems to work for a lot of people. Sorry about the bad luck, buddy.

FFB

yeah..I should do that. The guy had 2400+ GREAT feedback though sorry.gif...ugh.

Steve:

FFB

yeah..I should do that. The guy had 2400+ GREAT feedback though sorry.gif...ugh.

What was his excuse? And can't you offer the second chance deal to the underbidder?

Steve:

FFB

What was his excuse? And can't you offer the second chance deal to the underbidder?

"...I lost my job after 26 years...waiting for other auctions to close...will pay by monday...paying ASAP....oops, can't pay".

The second chance bidder is also bidding on the current lot of comics I have online...wants to wait to see how that goes...but is still "interested".

I was too convenient how he lost his job etc. etc. etc. while he was still Ebay-ing other items.

Keep watching his feedback to see if he continues to "buy" other things, and see who the sellers are.

That Tarpit guy's pretty shady and I'm convinced he's a shill for some major sellers. gossip.gif

I think I've bought some stuff from him, but its been ages ago...JC, got any info that makes you believe so?

Steve, have you decided not to CGC your collection--just selling it outright? I thought you were keeping them... confused-smiley-013.gif

That Tarpit guy's pretty shady and I'm convinced he's a shill for some major sellers. gossip.gif

I think I've bought some stuff from him, but its been ages ago...JC, got any info that makes you believe so?

Steve, have you decided not to CGC your collection--just selling it outright? I thought you were keeping them... confused-smiley-013.gif

Actually, I have doubles / triples of some books....so I kept the best ones, and am selling off the others to finance the CGC process of my keepers. I am personally CGC'ing everying in my collection under #143...I have two sets of 20 books in grading right now.

With my books over 144 and up I have been buying books off the net that are already CGC'd and tossing the originals into the "sell" box. That way if I pay $20 - $25 for a CGC'd book get $10 or so for my higher numbered (newer) books on EBAY, then my actual out of pocket expense for the #145 and up books is $10 - $15 ALREADY CGC'd and I don't have to wait for them to be graded.

Once they are all CGC'd...I will eventually over time replace the "lower grade" books and turn around and sell the ones I have.

That is the plan anyway!! thumbsup2.gif

These are lower graded dupes, right?