• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM ASM 119

12 posts in this topic

I need some help on this OO copy that I am at long last putting up for sale. When examing the softer LRC of FC I noticed a darker spot at bottom edge about 1" from LRC, too minor to show up in scan, that if I was not the OO and certain that no such thing occured, would possibly think was a spot of color touch. I really think it is likely some kind of printing defect, as it has many micro specks of red like in the border below the red box when viewed with a 10X loupe. The closest I have seen is some distribution ink overspray, but there is none of that on this book.

Is anyone familiar with any printing defects like this? Does anyone that has a copy handy have anything similar at that location?

Thanks for all grades and comments. :)

original.jpg

original.jpg

Any thoughts, comments, grades on this one? I am stumped by the dark spot I described above. Gradewise I am thinking it tops out around 9.0 with the damage to LRC of FC, though the rest of the book is pretty darn solid. What say you?

Sorry,

I don't see anything but art in the LRFC. hm I do see the military star stamp in the CCA seal though - does this copy have a Mark Jewelers insert? hm hm

I need some help on this OO copy that I am at long last putting up for sale. When examing the softer LRC of FC I noticed a darker spot at bottom edge about 1" from LRC, too minor to show up in scan, that if I was not the OO and certain that no such thing occured, would possibly think was a spot of color touch. I really think it is likely some kind of printing defect, as it has many micro specks of red like in the border below the red box when viewed with a 10X loupe. The closest I have seen is some distribution ink overspray, but there is none of that on this book.

Is anyone familiar with any printing defects like this? Does anyone that has a copy handy have anything similar at that location?

Thanks for all grades and comments. :)

original.jpg

Divad sharp eye on the Stars & Stripes bookstore stamp. It was purchased in Heidelberg Germany and includes a National Diamond Sales insert. Trust me there is a dark spot in the black near the mangled LRC too small and similar to the black to be visible in the scan near the LRC. It looks almost purplish black with many tiny red specks in it.

Do you think the red dots could be the same that is used for shading the machine down the right side? Good eye on the military stamp divad. I think it could pass for a 9.0 too.

The red dots are more the color of the red text box.

What's going on towards the bottom right of the back cover? It looks like a pen line running through the bottom text. Then it looks like it was partially erased below the text.

Hard to say for sure. On close inspection it looks same color as print. Could be just a dirty streak. Also could be slight brush with a soft pencil erased in the margin, though it does appear a little darker than I would expect if pencil.

But for that corner (which is a small defect) and the errant line, I think it's a very nice copy of this issue. I'd say 9.0 minimum, possible 9.2. I wouldn't worry about CT - I think it's an art (printer's) smudge, particularly how you're describing it's sub-atomic qualities :insane: