• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

When Are Comic Books Available to the Public?

22 posts in this topic

In the February 2012 CBG #1686, the ad for CGC shows a "New 52" DETECTIVE #1 graded

at 9.8 for $61.00. The CGC Certification #0183603020 shows a grade date of 09/26/11 with

an issue date of 11/11. If the standard time for grading is 15 business days than this November

issue must have been submitted on or around Labor Day...unless it went express.

Was this book DETECTIVE #1 available to the public for purchase in August?

mm

In the February 2012 CBG #1686, the ad for CGC shows a "New 52" DETECTIVE #1 graded

at 9.8 for $61.00. The CGC Certification #0183603020 shows a grade date of 09/26/11 with

an issue date of 11/11. If the standard time for grading is 15 business days than this November

issue must have been submitted on or around Labor Day...unless it went express.

Was this book DETECTIVE #1 available to the public for purchase in August?

mm

I'm quite sure it was a scam and they're trying to rip you off.

How could this book have been submitted when it was and who submitted it...DC...CGC...?

mm

Like I said, I'm sure it is a scam, and somebody, somewhere, is trying to rip you off.

Book was on sale at comic stores September 7.

Was at comic stores Tuesday, September 6.

Modern fast track tier is 10 business days. What took them so long? Should have been done September 22. Slackers. :facepalm:

Between the cost of the book, the grading & postage and whatever ebay gets...there doesn't

seem to much profit in this transaction. Unless this is the same CGC 9.8 DETECTIVE #1

listed on Amazon.com from ultimatecomics4u at $199.95.

mm

To move from Comic Book Store (?) to buyer to CGC to whoever sent it in for grading... to ebay to ad in CBG in this amount of time is very interesting.

mm

Clearly a scam, with someone trying to rip you off.

Comic store gets books Tuesday night, September 6

Buyer sends book to CGC Wednesday Fedex, September 7

Books arrive CGC Thursday morning September 8

Ten working days later books are done....September 26 is LATE, !

Book shipped back to buyer

Book arrives at buyer October 4.

One week on eBay October 11

Another week on eBay October 18

Yet another week on eBay October 25

Wait! Another week on eBay November 1

Hold on there, cowboy! Another week on eBay November 8

February, 2012 (issue 1686) CBG advertising deadline November 9

OH MY GOD! Such the scam! :facepalm:

Do you think the photo used in the ad is one lifted from ebay or do you think it might have

been taken before it was shipped or did ebay provide it to CGC?

mm

I don't know. In the 4-5 weeks the owner could have had between getting the book back and sending an ad in, I'm sure that owner could have made a scan, given that it takes 40 seconds to do so. Or they're just ripping you off and it is a scam.

or did ebay provide it to CGC?

Under what set of circumstances could this have happened? I'm really interested in the answer. I have an entire set of tinfoil plate mail armor with helmet that I can don if necessary to aid in the transmission.