• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman 232 - Rubber price stamp on cover.

14 posts in this topic

This probably was answered here already.

I came across a very sharp copy of a Batman 232.

It´s condition is probably on the 8.0 to 8.5 Mark. (Its being sold as that anyway)

The price is a bit steep so my main issue is that since the book was imported from the US and then sold in the UK, they put a Rubber price stamp on the cover with the UK price, in this case, 5P.

Q: Does this affect the grade/Value of the book should I re-sell it?

Q: Would this still be considered a 8.0 to 8.5? (Should the book really be a 8.0 - 8.5)

I´m really trying to know the stamp impact on the grade. I realize the photo is not the best, but it should be enough to assess the stamp and its impact on the cover.

Batman232.jpg

I was considering grabbing that book myself but I just can't live with stamps. The stamp doesn't lower the grade of the book though.

FC looks 8.0 imo.

Hard to know overall with out BC.

It's at a good price though. Let us know if you purchase it (thumbs u

Talk about preassure sale Sa'm al Ghul!

I thought you were gonna change your mind and get it or spill the beans on the sale and then I would loose it on the "Buy it now" option to a GrabbyMcgrabster around here. lol

I just bought it without even getting the answers I was waiting from the seller. :insane:

I guess I will be posting a proper Scan of the book after I get it.

Thanks all for the comments, it was helpfull to know how the stamp does not affect the grade.

lol Sorry! That wasn't my intention! doh!

Really nice pickup man, show us some more pics when you get it yeah? #232 is one of my favourite books!

No worries! My mind was half made about it anyway. Really just wanted to know how the Stamp/Grade deal worked.

There will just be a very confused seller in the morning after he sees the completed sale. This after the long email I sent him previously. with all the questions I had, "Before I commit to buy"... lol

I think it was a good one, I´ll sure post the pics once I get it. (thumbs u

Got the Batman today on the post and am really happy with it!

I don’t know if or what is an 8.0, but this copy looks pretty good for me.

What I can point out:

Very slight spine corner blunting, a few spine ticks, back cover not so white and there is that little wavy mark on the back cover on the middle top above the "P" for pilot.

Check out the photos:

bat232front.jpg

bat232back.jpg

Thanks!

Thanks Etanick,

I would be happy with the 7.0-7.5

I still think it was 92 USD Shipped well spent. I freaking love this book. :applause:

Modern Key - Check

Bronze Key - Check

Silver Key - (These are expensive!)

Gold Key - (These are Uber expensive!)