• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Toon Tumblers?

48 posts in this topic

I just mentioned the frosted X-Men series in the Moderns that are heating up on ebay thread. When I looked last week, I saw completed auctions as high as $65.00 per glass, with several over $50. There were also quite a few for lower than that as well, so it looks like some bidding wars to get those $60+ prices.

Kudos to Paul for all his hard work in making his passion into a success!

:applause:

Ditto!! :acclaim:

I have a bakers dozen of these (two with the original boxes that are long discontinued).

My absolute favorite is "Archies Christmas Stocking" with Betty and Veronica dressed up as Santa's helpers... :cloud9: Bought it at one of Carbonaros's shows years ago. there were two left and I was going to buy both of them, but a lady reached in about the same time as I did, so we politely agreed to share... :mad:lol

The king-daddy of hard to find ones is the Mary Jane from Baltimore. Since 'Toon Tumblers were new to the market there were only a few made, maybe 500-800, and they were gone the first day. People pay big bucks ($250+) for this one when it shows up on eBay. I've even heard a hushed rumor that there is frosted Mary Jane out there somewhere -- but I've never seen it.

The king-daddy of hard to find ones is the Mary Jane from Baltimore. Since 'Toon Tumblers were new to the market there were only a few made, maybe 500-800, and they were gone the first day. People pay big bucks ($250+) for this one when it shows up on eBay. I've even heard a hushed rumor that there is frosted Mary Jane out there somewhere -- but I've never seen it.

Never saw one of those... :o

How about a frosted RICHIE RICH in the original richie rich box??

Here's the clear version. If a frosted one really exists it was probably a proof or something.

154596_1553794398700_1050369960_31194578_6090606_n.jpg

All of the Harvey glasses were both clear and frosted; a 50/50 split I believe. The boxes are no longer used and my guess is they will one day bring a premium.

Here's the clear version. If a frosted one really exists it was probably a proof or something.

154596_1553794398700_1050369960_31194578_6090606_n.jpg

All of the Harvey glasses were both clear and frosted; a 50/50 split I believe. The boxes are no longer used and my guess is they will one day bring a premium.

YUP that MJ image is certainly Iconic... :luhv:

How about a frosted Hot Suff with an all-red glass bottom?? :grin:

How about a frosted Hot Suff with an all-red glass bottom?? :grin:

I though that was just a story Paul made up to explain the blood stains resulting from the untimely termination of one of this warehouse staff.