• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Paypal - Are you F$$$$G kidding me

74 posts in this topic

The same thing happened to me six months ago. I made the agent cry over the phone. It was a good night.

That's just mean

Sounds like Paypal needs tougher reps.

where in boston are you? i always post after you and it's driving me nuts lol

Chelmsford. Where are you?

Paypal related but maybe a lil off topic. Its taken 5 months for them to link my account, and just when i thought it was all set i get a email saying it isnt. Dont ask me what the f is going on cause i dont know. Almost up too 5 of the deposits into my account to verify it and it still wont work (5 seperate times) So i almost make a rep cry daily im so pissed.

Yeah but what other form of payment can regular people use? If I sell stuff here on the boards or on Ebay you have to take Paypal. Nobody is going to send you a cashiers check for a $1,000 book. They have regular people by the nards. :pullhair:
There are people here I would send a check made out to cash. lol It all comes with time.

The same thing happened to me six months ago. I made the agent cry over the phone. It was a good night.

That's just mean

Sounds like Paypal needs tougher reps.

where in boston are you? i always post after you and it's driving me nuts lol

Chelmsford. Where are you?

jamaica plain - in the past I've travelled to Chelmsford for quite a few trainings/meetings (used to work for a DYS program - they have their NE offices there)

Did your funds get released?

After they held them for about 2 weeks. Their foolishness almost cost me the car....after I had already sold about 10K of my other books besides the 4 that was being held.

For ebay purchases, they usually release after delivery confirmation or after feedback is left. It's happened to me a couple of times (when I was paying for the wife's engagement ring), not nearly for $4,000 though - that sucks!

After all the spams I get regarding paypal I logged in today to find that my account is now limited.

Paypal is now requesting tracking numbers on 12 of my last transactions. I normally do not use delivery confirmation for every ebay delivery but I would find this very annoying if I had to.

Supplier information - Paypal wants my supplier information? Really, Are you serious?

Bank Statements - 3 months worth? Again, Really? I have been a business for years. My credit card processor doesn't ask me for this information, why is paypal?

I can't wait to talk to the agent reviewing my account tomorrow.

Please, oh please, oh please... record this call.

:wishluck:

Yeah but what other form of payment can regular people use? If I sell stuff here on the boards or on Ebay you have to take Paypal. Nobody is going to send you a cashiers check for a $1,000 book. They have regular people by the nards. :pullhair:

I do not sell on EBay any longer as they are related. When I sell here on the boards, I take checks or money orders. If you have folks to vouch for you on here, they will understand. That is a great thing about these boards....most everyone is a reasonable person....EBay not so much.

I recently paid $1100 via electronic bank transfer for a piece of OA. Took a few

minutes to set up and worked perfectly. Paypal doesn't have a lock on

electronic money transfer and I've gotta imagine that many competitors will

come along for such a lucrative business.

I've also recently sent cashiers cheques for big purchases. It's a bit of a pain in

the thigh but not that bad.

When I sold almost all of my books to buy my Mustang back in Nov-Dec 2010, Paypal locked my account due to the amount of funds coming in. I spent probably 20 hours on the phone trying to work it out as they had frozen about 4 grand and would not let me access it. They chose to do this simply out of the blue...and I had been a customer for 10 years. They quizzed me as to what I was doing, what I was selling, and what the funds were going to be used for. Even though I had dealt with EBay and them for years, and had never had an issue, they chose to rattle my cage just for grins and giggles. I now have a limited account and have chosen to not pursue it any longer. I hate, despise, loathe them. If their company imploded tomorrow it would be just desserts. I will now step down off of my soapbox.

i don't see why they care about what your useing the money for or selling/doing

personaly i think i would give generic answers & if they didn't free it up i would simply say i'm contacting my lawyer bc they froze my money for no stated reason

When I sold almost all of my books to buy my Mustang back in Nov-Dec 2010, Paypal locked my account due to the amount of funds coming in. I spent probably 20 hours on the phone trying to work it out as they had frozen about 4 grand and would not let me access it. They chose to do this simply out of the blue...and I had been a customer for 10 years. They quizzed me as to what I was doing, what I was selling, and what the funds were going to be used for. Even though I had dealt with EBay and them for years, and had never had an issue, they chose to rattle my cage just for grins and giggles. I now have a limited account and have chosen to not pursue it any longer. I hate, despise, loathe them. If their company imploded tomorrow it would be just desserts. I will now step down off of my soapbox.

personaly i think i would give generic answers & if they didn't free it up i would simply say i'm contacting my lawyer bc they froze my money for no stated reason

The lawyer thing doesn't help. When you agree to their BS T&Cs you basically sign away all your rights to use PayPal to receive payments.

Until they have to deal with a class action lawsuit and lose on this subject things will not change. I know there are multiple lawsuits in the works and I hope to one day be a part of a few of these class action lawsuits and can't wait to get a little something back for all my personal headaches with dealing with them.

That's just mean

I never said I was a nice person.

Nor did I imply that you were.

Regardless, I still hate Paypal

To be fair, they were with holding a great sum of money from me because someone on eBay didn't like my shipping charges. One person out of like...hundreds. They then "investigated" the problem, and after two months later I got my money. I fought them tooth and nail for it, too.

The same thing happened to me six month :whee:s ago. I made the agent cry over the phone. It was a good night.

can u make a call for me please

Yes.

Anyone wanna bet the government (IRS or Home Land Security) is pressuring any and all funds transferring institutions to crack down when ever more than a few grand is being moved?

The lawyer thing doesn't help. When you agree to their BS T&Cs you basically sign away all your rights to use PayPal to receive payments.

Until they have to deal with a class action lawsuit and lose on this subject things will not change. I know there are multiple lawsuits in the works and I hope to one day be a part of a few of these class action lawsuits and can't wait to get a little something back for all my personal headaches with dealing with them.

It would be awesome if the feds locked paypals funds and made them proove how they received every cent for running their business. Lets see them try and run a business with locked funds like they tell us when they freeze an account.

I know it wouldn't work but I'd just like to see them get a taste of the :censored: they pull on us :frustrated:

Paypal & eBay is like living in a police state.

I've only been a member of both for 2 years and have had a number of problems with both, especially paypal.