• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Pressing question

22 posts in this topic

I don't doubt I'll set off all sort of shenanigans with this, but would a Basix B-600 be something you could begin working on pressing comics with?

I bought it at a song to do a lease back with a friend of mine who does T-shirts, but I thought I would play around in the meantime.

I don't doubt I'll set off all sort of shenanigans with this, but would a Basix B-600 be something you could begin working on pressing comics with?

I bought it at a song to do a lease back with a friend of mine who does T-shirts, but I thought I would play around in the meantime.

Have you got a Savage Garden track out of your Basix B-600 yet?

:facepalm:

???

???

Permanent press? :grin:

???

Permanent press? :grin:

Don't forget the spray starch.

Cool, thanks! Now I just have to figure out what the hell I'm doing.

Well, you sure as hell wouldn't want to figure out what you're doing before you start buying the tools. That would be ludicrous.

Cool, thanks! Now I just have to figure out what the hell I'm doing.

Well, you sure as hell wouldn't want to figure out what you're doing before you start buying the tools. That would be ludicrous.

Not really necessary. I'll make money even without using this for pressing. My buddy wants to use it for tshirts for a few months and is willing to throw me a couple bucks while he does. This will more than cover the cost. In June, my buddy will either make me an offer (unlikely) or buy a new machine (which gives me time to investigate using this for my own purposes while being in the black on the purchase).

In any case, I've researched pressing enough to know the basics (a heat press, maybe a bit of moisture and trial and error unless you can get inside with the experienced guys). I'm really just wondering whether it's worth the time (I'm guessing weeks/months of moisture, temperature and time variation experiments within whatever age range of books I'm most likely to start working in) to do that with this, or if I should turn this over and keep looking for a Seal, Bienfang or something similar (as these seem popular, adn others have confirmed that these brands are effective.

I know this might be more detail than you really need, but you did get a little snotty without the background, so hopefully this will help. (thumbs u

I know this might be more detail than you really need, but you did get a little snotty without the background, so hopefully this will help. (thumbs u

Haha. I suppose I did. However, I consider Watson do be a mentor, and I do try to emulate his minimalistic cynical banter from time to time. He and Dice are kings among men for the witty one-liners.

handsonface.jpg

Haha. I suppose I did. However, I consider Watson do be a mentor

Youre basically right out of the gate.

Haha. I suppose I did. However, I consider Watson to be a mentor, and I do try to emulate his minimalistic cynical banter from time to time. He and Dice are kings among men for the witty one-liners.

Often imitated, never duplicated.

:whatev:

Haha. I suppose I did. However, I consider Watson to be a mentor, and I do try to emulate his minimalistic cynical banter from time to time. He and Dice are kings among men for the witty one-liners.

Often imitated, never duplicated.

:whatev:

There can be only one.

I predict many a messed up comic in the future.
Hopefully, he will practice on books out of the dollar bin. :wishluck:

Hopefully.

I've got boxes of Halloween books to experiment on, and I'm not talking about even attempting anything valuable ever. If I want a key or even something with high sentimental value pressed I'll go to a professional. I just have a lot of books that are worth ~$100-$200 in the highest grades (and they're maybe close, but not there yet). Paying to get them pressed wouldn't be worth it. But doing it myself would be if I can.

I, too, predict many messed up books in my future. Heck, you should have seen some of my early book reports. Red ink everywhere-like someone got murdered. But I'm a decent writer now. I'm guessing that pressing isn't magic either and a little patience, common sense and hard work will lead to reproducible results. But maybe I'm wrong. In which case I'm still just out $120 bucks. So, not much of a muchness.

Haha. I suppose I did. However, I consider Watson do be a mentor, and I do try to emulate his minimalistic cynical banter from time to time. He and Dice are kings among men for the witty one-liners.

No worries, I ain't gonna hate on you. Just thought I'd brush you back from the plate a bit-see how you take a little chin music. :)