• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Benevolent Order of the Spider-Man 1 Society

53 posts in this topic

There's so many of them, they all have to go somewhere lol

80% could go to landfills and there would still probably be enough copies to satisfy demand! Don't get me wrong, I love the book, but there are way too many of them out there.

Granted, I would still like a gold UPC and a Platinum edition...

I have a short box of them somewhere in my parents attic that I haven't seen in 15 years ... add me to the list of people who failed to capitalize on the market and hoarded copies. It's a shame that the print run for that book is so high. McFarlane should go back to drawing spidey. I'd buy the book (as long as he didn't write it) and it would be a huge hit. The guy had a gift for drawing spidey and his villans. I really enjoyed his run at the time. I wonder what it would read like now that I'm not a teen though. Anyone read his run after the dopamine high from the anticipated financial gain wore off? I hope it is as close to as enjoyable as I remember it.

Can someone explain this to me? :eek:

I had that idea a few years ago but I stopped when my GI Joe book got signed by "Snake Eyes"... Decision I regretted almost immediately. I ended up giving all Spiderman 1 copies away, they never even made it to the wall, it's cool to see how they should have ended up looking. It would be interesting doing this with foreign copies of it. hm

The best swipe of this, that I have ever seen, is a Deadpool done in red ink... It was amazing, I'm not sure who owns it.