• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Thief of Thieves

2,194 posts in this topic

I just had some ebay bidder call me greedy because I wouldn't accept his lowball offer on these, lol.

That's awesome. No one would complain about the price of other goods in that manner. I love this hobby. There's lots of nutty people who collect comics. I love when a retailer will make some anode response to my msg on eBay. I'm like - why even reply? I'm not going to buy a comic from someone who is rude in response to an inquiry about the condition of an item (or whatever the case may be).

i'm torn between hoarding what i have to see what happens once (if) the pilot is released & and a desire to sell them before something happens to kill the surge.

If everyone sells and you get lucky you may be able to do a little bit of both. I'm suffering from a similar temptation but I haven't sold a book to anyone who wasn't a friend in years. It's awful.tempting when the price moves so high so quick.

I just had some ebay bidder call me greedy because I wouldn't accept his lowball offer on these, lol.

i had someone get mad at me because i was charging $5.50 for shipping. i guess he wanted his books shipped in a manila folder...

i'm torn between hoarding what i have to see what happens once (if) the pilot is released & and a desire to sell them before something happens to kill the surge.

If everyone sells and you get lucky you may be able to do a little bit of both. I'm suffering from a similar temptation but I haven't sold a book to anyone who wasn't a friend in years. It's awful.tempting when the price moves so high so quick.

i held on to one copy, partly because i enjoyed the first 3 issues so much, but also incase this book DOES get a show made. i figure i spent $10, and if it doesn't end up being a show, not only did i enjoy the first issue, i can probably get something back on it....or maybe i can make a $20-40 profit at a later date.

i had someone get mad at me because i was charging $5.50 for shipping. i guess he wanted his books shipped in a manila folder...

I'd gladly pay extra to dictate shipping methods. It's amazing how nice a job people do on the board and how lousy people do on eBay.

I'd gladly pay extra to dictate shipping methods. It's amazing how nice a job people do on the board and how lousy people do on eBay.

Yea I agree I offer two options on ebay, Medium Priority for 10$ or Envelope for 5$ you would be amazed at how many people choose the 5$ or message asking for just a plain manila folder for 2$.

If they want to go less than 5$ I usually allow them if they paypal gift me, that way when it arrives bent to hell I dont have to deal with it.

i held on to one copy, partly because i enjoyed the first 3 issues so much, but also incase this book DOES get a show made. i figure i spent $10, and if it doesn't end up being a show, not only did i enjoy the first issue, i can probably get something back on it....or maybe i can make a $20-40 profit at a later date.

I know...I bought 4 copies when it came out (LCS put a quantity limit) and I sold 2 copies two weeks ago for barely over cover....Now I see the prices shooting up and I am torn about selling my last two copies...and issues 2 & 3 which I only bought one of each.

I stared at a couple extra copies of issue 2 for weeks, but didn't get them at LCS b/c they weren't't perfect and I'm kicking myself in the add right now. I also have one less copy of the ICE variant than I thought I had, but I'm almost certain that I'm going to sell the copy I have at CGC right now.

I went to my local (20 miles) comic shop yesterday and they had 10 of them priced at £2.25 (around $3.50) each. Bought them all!

:applause:

I myself have purchased a few as well. :whistle:

I was jumping for joy! Problem I have though is I would love to have one graded but I would have no idea how to submit one and to submit one from the UK. I think it would be much easier for me just to wait and try to buy an already slabbed one from the U.S

I was jumping for joy! Problem I have though is I would love to have one graded but I would have no idea how to submit one and to submit one from the UK. I think it would be much easier for me just to wait and try to buy an already slabbed one from the U.S

Without a doubt, it would be cheaper to buy a slabbed one. Honestly, I don't know how you guys who submit moderns make any money. It is just too friggin' expensive unless you're submitting a huge bulk order (even if you live in the US, let alone overseas).

if you ever want to send items to CGC, get intouch with Flaming Telepath (Nick) on these forums, he will pre-grade aswell.